Swapping from SnS to SW?

lyndzi76

Gold Member
In 2010 I lost 4 stone on Cambridge so thought I could do the same this tine on SnS, however this time I can get my head in the right place.
I love VLCD but I can't justify wasting the money.

Has anyone gone from VLCD to SW?

I think this will be my plan until I can sort my head out?

Sorry to of let you all down x

Hi i'm going back to sw next month after my packs finish. I can't justify the cost either with 2 toddlers and a 3 and a half month old baby to feed and clothe. Also one of the main biggest reasons i am stopping is because i need to re-educate my eating habits which i cant do on a vlcd so i know in the end when i stop at my target weight i will put the weight back on eventually! With sw i was doing very well until i got pregnant and left. I needed a weightloss boost which i have so will be stopping as soon as my packs are finished and going back to sw x

Safia said:
Hi i'm going back to sw next month after my packs finish. I can't justify the cost either with 2 toddlers and a 3 and a half month old baby to feed and clothe. Also one of the main biggest reasons i am stopping is because i need to re-educate my eating habits which i cant do on a vlcd so i know in the end when i stop at my target weight i will put the weight back on eventually! With sw i was doing very well until i got pregnant and left. I needed a weightloss boost which i have so will be stopping as soon as my packs are finished and going back to sw x

Thanks for replying, I hope with SW I can control my eating.

Is SW still red & green days?

I did sw just over a month ago. I didn't get on with it and ended up gaining weight. SW has original (red), green and extra easy days.

bettyb82 said:
I did sw just over a month ago. I didn't get on with it and ended up gaining weight. SW has original (red), green and extra easy days.

Are you on SnS now?

Whatever you decide just remember to do the refeed - if you dont introduce the carbs in a slow and controlled manner you will put all the water weight (glycogen) at once and it might be a bit demoralising
also if you do the old red days for at least the first week or two it will help with introducing carbs in a controlled manner

whatever you decide good luck and you are letting NO ONE down
this journey is not easy so you have to take the route that suits you best

I for instance and using S and S to lose as much as I can before a major op
when I come back from the hospital I will have to eat differently to enable healing at that point I will get out my old sw books (not go to classes) as it worked well for me in the past

H xxx

My plan was always to lose the bulk of my weight that needs to go using S&S and then to move back to SW slowly over a month or so. I know that as a long term maintenance eating plan that SW should work well for me as long as I keep the portions under control. Just be careful of the carbs as I think that has been my SW downfall in the past - loading on pasta and rice just because its "free".

as long as I keep the portions under control. .

a tip a friend gave me for keeping portions under control is to not allow the different food items touch on the plate
so that way you can use all the plate so portions are naturally smaller
(dont know what I will do with spag bol) :D

a tip a friend gave me for keeping portions under control is to not allow the different food items touch on the plate
so that way you can use all the plate so portions are naturally smaller

thats a great idea. one thing that has been helping me over the last week is eating my soups/meals & the veg allowance on S&S with a small fork or tea spoon, makes you eat for longer tricking myself into thinking its a much bigger portion.

thats a great idea. one thing that has been helping me over the last week is eating my soups/meals & the veg allowance on S&S with a small fork or tea spoon, makes you eat for longer tricking myself into thinking its a much bigger portion.

I love all these little tricks
I will start to impement that one as well it will all help when we come to maintaining our new healthier bodies

also, use or buy the smaller plates - some dinner plates you see these days are massive and i have a habit of filling a plate/bowl.

Sw have 3 plans now, red, green and extra easy. When i start sw i will do more red and ee days and try and limit carbs as i have found previously in sw that carbs do affect my weightloss. Also another thing i didnt do was drink enough water, will do that now thanks to sns x

Thanks Kissme will have a look now. Its factors like this as well as cheap junk food, portion size in restaurants that is making it so much harder for people to keep their weight under control.

Thanks Kissme will have a look now. Its factors like this as well as cheap junk food, portion size in restaurants that is making it so much harder for people to keep their weight under control.

Exactly cake! the food seems to grow at the same rate as our bellies do. I remember when kids portion's were actually a kids portion!

is it surprising we over eat
its natural to fill the plate I will be doing what my size 6 friend does and not letting foods touch that will cut down
I have all matching china and am loathe to change plates
since the children left home dh and I really enjoy a meal together
no telly the table laid etc so dont want to renew all the china so will just take Kelly's tip for now and perhaps also not use the outside inch of the plate all round :)

is it surprising we over eat
its natural to fill the plate I will be doing what my size 6 friend does and not letting foods touch that will cut down
I have all matching china and am loathe to change plates
since the children left home dh and I really enjoy a meal together
no telly the table laid etc so dont want to renew all the china so will just take Kelly's tip for now and perhaps also not use the outside inch of the plate all round :)

isn't it funny how once you manage to get matching china without chips or cracks in someone suggests a change lol

I know we have been married for years and now we can afford china we like and I have to buy a smaller plate
I could by something that looks good with it though and use the big plates like a charger
ummm will have to think

My husband is not happy about me swapping to SW. He says the only diet that works for me is VLCD.
He loves me how I am and out of preference he would just want me to be happy as I am but that is not an option!!

I'm hoping to pluck up the courage to go to SW club tomorrow night x

Back