Sweet and sour fanta yummmmy!!!

nfarnon

Have just made this for me and my OH, he always says he doesnt like my SW meals but he asked for seconds today! It tastes just as good as any jar sauces or what you get from a chinese well impressed :D:D:D

We've just had this too! Mine took ages to boil down, did yours? It was still a bit runny so I will leave it even longer next time. I liked it.....hubby wasn't too sure x

It took about 20ish minutes mine wasnt runny at all just a tiny bit of sauce, it was on a high heat the whole time dont know if that makes a difference !

chicken, can of diet fanta, peppers, onions, chilli flakes (depending on your taste), 1 tsp of vinegar, 3 tbsp of passta, veggie oxo cube and pineapple chuncks (if canned must be synned)
Cook chicken first then add everything but pineapple and simmer for 20 - 30mins or until the sauce has reduced. Add pineapple just before serving (cooked for any longer and it would have to be synned).
I served with rice and side salad

whats the recipe please? x

You'll find it in the recipe sub-forum.

Personally I'mnot a fan of any of these recipes that use fizzy soda in this way. It just tastes so artificial. I'd rather have the real thing and there are plently of syn free and low syn sweet and sour recipes on here :)

I thought the same too, I as a bit weary but I couldnt tast the fanta in it at all although I did put alot of chilli flakes :p

You'll find it in the recipe sub-forum.

Personally I'mnot a fan of any of these recipes that use fizzy soda in this way. It just tastes so artificial. I'd rather have the real thing and there are plently of syn free and low syn sweet and sour recipes on here :)

here's a recipe that works well:

sweet and sour sauce

1/2 pint of passata
3 floz water
4 floz red wine vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
5 tbsp sweetner

mix all ingredients together in a pan for about 15 mins until sauce thickens, serve with chicken, quorn, veg, rice, fish, chips. i keep it in a tub in the fridge

Thank you for the recipe

I thought all cooked fruit was syn-able?

I thought all cooked fruit was syn-able?

It does, but the OP didnt say to cook the pineapple, s/he said "Add pineapple just before serving" (or syn it if its tinned). :)

It does, but the OP didnt say to cook the pineapple, s/he said "Add pineapple just before serving" (or syn it if its tinned). :)

Ahh i see thanks for that, i do that with gammon on pineapple to just at the end:)

I like the idea of this one but i am not sure about trying it, i don't like the diet coke chicken i found it a bit too artificial and wondered if people have had similair experiences ie does anyone like this but not the coke version??

I tried the coke one last year and thought it was really sweet plus i didnt cook it for long enough so was runny. The diet fanta recipe is really nice,not overly sweet. Very similar to sweet and sour.

Thanks for that , i may have a go but cook the sauce before adding chicken so i can try it first just in case

i made some pork meat balls in a sticky chilli and garlic sauce using diet pepsi and they were soooo good

for the meat balls i mixed pork mince, with a chopped red onion, 1/2 tsp of chilli, 3 x 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp chinese 5 spice and some black pepper - mix together with an egg and leave to marinate. sauce - put 1 can of diet pepsi or coke in a pan, simmer for a few mins then add, 6 tbsp of passata, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1/4 tsp giner and 1/4 tsp garlic let it all simmer until it thickens and leave to one side. shape the pork into balls and fry, when balls are starting to brown add the sauce and cover cook for about 10 mins after covering, lovely!

Had the swee and sour fanta tonight omg absolutely gorgeous tasted like uncle bens

Back