Sweet and sour recipe free!

sarah88

Gold Member
Found this on the other thread and it works out free on sf!

Tin chopped toms,
Can of fanta zero or diet fanta
Tbl spoon of vinegar.
Add garlic,chilli,tinned pineapple in juice drained & any veg u like (i had peppers & onion)
Throw evrything in wok leav 2 simmer till sauce thickens & just have with chicken & brown rice!
Easy peasy

Sparkle1978 said:
That sounds good! I want to try the diet coke one too that Mets had. xx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Don't what the diet coke one is?

Sounds nice, will have to try it, deff sounds free! Maybe with brown rice!

Found this on the other thread and it works out free on sf!

Tin chopped toms,
Can of fanta zero or diet fanta
Tbl spoon of vinegar.
Add garlic,chilli,tinned pineapple in juice drained & any veg u like (i had peppers & onion)
Throw evrything in wok leav 2 simmer till sauce thickens & just have with chicken & brown rice!
Easy peasy
Hi Sarah, interested in this recipe but how can it be free if you use tinned pineapple? Sorry to be a pain, or is it because it goes round so many people??

I use tinned pineapple in juice as free! If it's not free then will need to use fresh pineapple!

Ooops sorry Sarah, are you doing ww. I'm doing slimming world, which may explain things! ha ha, thanks for reply

On the sf list pineapple in juice drained is free!

Really confused now! Are you doing s w Sarah? In my orange book it says "cooked canned and dried fruit count as Healthy Extras or as syns"....... Healthy extra page canned fruit canned in juice not syrup all weight include juice, 225g pineapple.:confused::confused:

No this is ww sf !

hollys nan said:
Ha ha, well we got there in the end!!! Nice chatting Sarah

And u! Hope u can make it free for sw

Sparkle1978 said:
Yeah I thought with brown rice. Met's had it with Salad and said it was lovely! X

It was gorgeous! Defo recommend it :) xxx

I could make it free by just using fresh pineapple, but after all this with our posts I'll make you chuckle wait for it .................... I cant eat fresh pineapple, I have an intollerance to it ha ha:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sounds a bit wrong to me! I love diet coke...gave up fizzy pop a while ago, cos of ingredients!

So does it just make the meal sweeter? Or does it add texture? Sounds weird

But you can't knock it till you try it lol

hollys nan said:
I could make it free by just using fresh pineapple, but after all this with our posts I'll make you chuckle wait for it .................... I cant eat fresh pineapple, I have an intollerance to it ha ha:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh no typical!

sushidoll85 said:
Sounds a bit wrong to me! I love diet coke...gave up fizzy pop a while ago, cos of ingredients!

So does it just make the meal sweeter? Or does it add texture? Sounds weird

But you can't knock it till you try it lol

I'm not sure but I can imagine the coke is what makes the sauce sticky

well you couldn't make this for free on slimming world because all cooked fruit has a syn value so even with fresh pineapple you would have to add some syns, 2 if I remember rightly. It's one of the things I am loving about weight watchers fruit and veg is 0pts regardless of what you do to it. Hugs Crystal xx

hollys nan said:
If you put the pineapple in right at the end so its not cooked it would then be syn free. Alas I cant have it!

Surely if the pineapple isn't cooked it's free?!

Back