sweet and sour

gizmogirl

Has anyone made the sweet and sour beef out of the all in one cook book if so does it taste like the real this?

gizmogirl said:
Has anyone made the sweet and sour beef out of the all in one cook book if so does it taste like the real this?

I've not got the all in one book, but I make the fanta zero chicken all the time and its amazing tastes just like sweet n sour x

gizmogirl said:
How do you make fanta chicken please.

image-1569796505.jpg

It takes a while to simmer down but it's well tasty and freezable, enjoy x I don't add the pineapple at the end. All syn free

SW DIET TANGO SWEET&SOUR
Chicken Breast /lean pork cubes (enough to feed two people)
Can of chopped tomatos
Diced Onions
Pineapple Chucks
3 Sliced Bell Peppers (I used red, green and yellow to add lots of colour)
1 Tsp Soy Sauce
Fry Light
Can of diet orangeade *Remember to use DIETto keep it syn free!*
(Balsamic/ cider vinegar &sweetner) as you want to your tase But quite sweet with pineapple and Orangeade (I use a splash of balsamic vinegar but no sweetner)
METHOD
1)spray a large sized pan with fry light and set to a medium to high heat.
2)Add the chicken to the pan until chicken is just cooked (make sure not to over do the chicken at this stage).
3)fry light to the pan if needed and add the diced onions and sliced peppers. Keep these in the pan until the peppers have softened and the onions have browned slightly.
4)Add chopped tomatos and soy sauce into the mix. Make sure to heat this mixture up slightly before adding Orangeade(diet)
At this point the mixture will look like a gloopy mess but rest assured it will thicken!!
5)Turn the heat down to a low simmer and leave (covered) for about 15-20 minutes. Check taste add add pineapple (fresh if you want is SYN free ) vinegar & sweetener if needed check and stir as it thickens to your liking

As soon as the liquid thickens turn off the heat and serve immediately with a side of boiled white rice.

This recepe is brill as you can with the basic turn it into any fruity recipe you want curry sweet and sour etc just tweak the final stage and it't brill and no Syns !!!

Made the cauliflower thing last night as I steamed a huge cauliflower to have with Sunday Roast!
So kept a bit back for 2night (as Monday evening tends to be always ping night i.e. Sunday roast on a plate re-heated in micro hence ping night!)
Then blended the cauliflower to a pulp and believe it or not it 3/4 fills a 2pt jug and I'm going to freeze in 2 lots it is then ready to thaw via micro as a basis to any thick creamy sauce ( and super free I have found myself struggling to place 1/3 plate super free since reaching target and going back to my old ways of eating less !! One thing is definite eating less & forgetting the EE logic of 1/3 SF makes weight creep back it's frightening !)
Thought I'd post this as it might help someone starting on SW's journey or who is struggling in the middle JUST REMEMBER FOR EE TO WORK YOU MUST EAT ENOUGH ! Sounds strange I know but I can easily fall to the Don't eat enough catagory !but one thing for certain as I am in an early menapause too 44 yrs the healthy A I tend to take as cheese and eat enough fat free yogurt to make sure I'm having enough Calcium !! I SYN my tea coffee as I drink carbonated water mainly!

I tried to Fanta chicken and wasnt a fan, however liked Diet Coke chicken. Made the Sweet n Sour in the book and it was much more authentic but it needs more fiddly ingredients so I dont tend to bother anymore. A girl at my class basically lives off that one in the book so her ingredients are worth buying.

Skulldilocks said:
I tried to Fanta chicken and wasnt a fan, however liked Diet Coke chicken. Made the Sweet n Sour in the book and it was much more authentic but it needs more fiddly ingredients so I dont tend to bother anymore. A girl at my class basically lives off that one in the book so her ingredients are worth buying.

Awh that's a shame you didn't like it, it does take ages to simmer down but I think it's well tasty x

Back