Sweet potato and spinach curry

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
I cooked the sweet potato and spinach curry with rice from the SW mag yesterday and it was fantastic, but the portions were huge and I mean huge. I did it exactly to the recipe and it would have easily fed 6 people generously. Does anyone else find the SW recipes are generous in serving sizes, I'm not complaining but this one was excessive even for a greedy gutts like me lol.

Yep always find theyserve at least 2 more than it says! WE had the same thing with the curry, also with come cheese souffles, and a dessert i made as well. They clearly know we like to eat!! lol

I've made this a couple times now... it's yummy!

I find the whole SW diet is huge on food, I'd never have thought that I would be losing weight eating what I do and it is still a 'diet' I love SW.

I would like the curry recipe too please. Thank you. X

Large onion
1lb 2oz / 511g sweet potato
handful fresh coriander
Fry Light
2 tbsp mild curry powder
40g tin tomatoes
4fl oz / 113ml reduced fat coconut milk
7fl oz/198ml water
14oz baby spinach
salt & pepper

Slice onion
small cube sweet potato
Chop coriander

Fry onions in fry light for 5 mins over medium heat
Turn up heat and add sweet potato curry powder and tomatoes
Stir fry 5 mins

Stir in coconut milk and water and bring to boil
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender
Add spinach - Mix well and cook for further 4-5 minutes until leaves are wilted
Season well and remove from heat.
Garnish with coriander

sounds yummy!!

i am sure it can be frozen so put a couple of portions in the freezer for other days.

whats the syns on a green if any?

sounds great, are there syns in it from the coco-nut (sorry if I missed them if they are noted down)

thanks

Magazine says Green - 2 syns

I have made this too its Lush, I found the portion sizes big but my OH eats much more then me so it evens its self out.

I have frozen the rest of the coconut milk down in 4oz portions as well for next time. (I hate waste)

I love the fact that the portions are huge, I usually cook half quantities and it still makes a lunch leftover portion, I'm a greedy piggy too!!
I get very cross when using other recipes that I cook it to "serve 4" and it only serves the two of us!

Hooray for SW!

Hi Ya,

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this receipe, as a newbie I was excited to find good tasty recipes to make sure I start on the right track rather then just eating the easy options like pasta and potatoes..If this is going to be a change of eating and lifestyle for me then I may aswell go the whole hog and learn to cook from scratch rather than ready made jars!!...It was gorgeous. I think Next time I will use half spinach and half chicken as a hex and try not to be such a clever clogs and put chilli powder in too...!!! Hot hot hot :), Garlic &/or ginger would be a good addition too...thanx again!!!

Back