Sweet potatoes?

ladypancho

Anyone got any nice recipes that use sweet potatoes? I won some in the raffle and haven't a clue what to do with them.
Thanks Sue

Sweet Potatoe wedges are lovely!!

just microwave wedges of cut up sweet potatoe for 5 minutes then put in a bowl and cover with frylight and a lil bit of salt (you can add a bit of chilli powder/other spices too if you like)

and then cook in the oven for about 20 minutes

V yum!

:)

I love sweet potatoed roasted in the oven with peppers, mushrooms, leeks and onion. Just cut into chunks, par boil for 10 mins then roast in the oven.

Some people like them as a jacket potato but they are a little too sweet for me.

They are nice mashed with carrot and swede as a topping for shepards pie as well!

xx

I like them baked - delish with some philadelphia or any other creamy cheese inc mozarella, some fresh chopped up chilli and mint

There is a recipe card that I just got from Tesco which can be adapted to be SW friendly by just avoiding the oil.
It's called Sweet Potato, red onion and sausage frittata. Looks nice, I am going to make one in the week but going to use Quorn sausages as I am a Veggie and on green plan. I don't do EE or Red but looks to me like the recipe would be free on EE and the sweet potato would need to be synned on red?

To serve 4:
454g Sausages
1 sweet potato - about 225g peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium red onion cut into thin wedges
50g baby spinach leaves roughly sliced
8 large eggs
1tbsp snipped chives

Cook the sausages, when browned evenly allow to slightly cool and cut each sausage into 5 diagonal slices.

Fry the sweet potato and onion in fry light for 10-23 mins, until softened and brown. Stir in spinach for few secs - just enough to wilt. Put sausages back in frying pan with sweet potato, onion and spinach.

Beat eggs, season and pour over mixture in frying pan. Scatter over chives. Cook on medium heat for 5 mins or until edges begin to set. Place frying pan under hot grill for a few mins until frittata top puffs up and is slightly browned.

Back