SWEET & SOUR SAUCE RECIPE

Prosecco

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd share my Sweet N Sour Sauce recipe having accidentally made it earlier and it was really nice and almost dare I say authentic in a low fat kind of way, also low in WW points/core etc

1 Onion chopped and fried in spray oil
until browning add half red and half a green pepper (chopped) cook a bit longer then add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and throw in 1 star anaise & black pepper, let it cook for a minute or so then throw in some pineapple juice from a tin with a couple of pineapple rings chopped up (like they do in the Chinese) a good teaspoon of Paprika and a cap full of white wine vinegar, wiggle about for a bit then at this point I added some prawns and mushrooms too but I reckon chicken or quorn would be good too!

My first ever recipe post! Enjoy

Bye xx

Sounds good Prosecco

I'll try it, thanks.
:eating:

Sounds gorgeous! I made sweet and sour chicken the other evening and finally discovered the secret of melt-in-the-mouth chicken breast. I dipped the breast strips in flour, then in beaten egg, then in flour again, and fried it over a med-high heat for about 8 mins with some ground nut oil until just cooked through, then added the sauce and simmered for a couple of mins. Seriously soft and juicy chicken.

Back