• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd share my Sweet N Sour Sauce recipe having accidentally made it earlier and it was really nice and almost dare I say authentic in a low fat kind of way, also low in WW points/core etc

1 Onion chopped and fried in spray oil
until browning add half red and half a green pepper (chopped) cook a bit longer then add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and throw in 1 star anaise & black pepper, let it cook for a minute or so then throw in some pineapple juice from a tin with a couple of pineapple rings chopped up (like they do in the Chinese) a good teaspoon of Paprika and a cap full of white wine vinegar, wiggle about for a bit then at this point I added some prawns and mushrooms too but I reckon chicken or quorn would be good too!

My first ever recipe post! Enjoy

Bye xx
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Sounds gorgeous! I made sweet and sour chicken the other evening and finally discovered the secret of melt-in-the-mouth chicken breast. I dipped the breast strips in flour, then in beaten egg, then in flour again, and fried it over a med-high heat for about 8 mins with some ground nut oil until just cooked through, then added the sauce and simmered for a couple of mins. Seriously soft and juicy chicken.