Sweetner based Meringue...

Hi Guy and girls!

Just wondering if you can help clear something up for me?? Pretty please.....

i have a seriously sweet tooth so i'm looking for low syn (or syn free substitutes if poss) for a big fat sugar coated something LOL :)

i was given a recipe for meringue made from only splenda and eggs?? as these two things are free would the meringue be free or is that a blantent abuse of "free food"??

someone please help. if this is syn free this could be my saviour

thanks in advance
Jodie xxx

It should be free as the sweetener and eggs r free! I hope so-that would cure my biggest problem of all!!!! Topped with some strawberrys and fat free natural yoghurt that would be an awesome pudding!!!

Yes free - however they DO NOT taste like normal meringues. they are basically air with no substance. ok on top of something (lemon meringue ish) but not on their own. i love meringues but have yet to find recipe that works so if you find one please share.
For a syn free Sweet treat - try mixing quark with sweetner & then add berries (if you crush & melt slightly alpen light bars you can put the quark mix on top & top with berries - hay presto sw cheesecake!)
x

Slimbysummer said:
Yes free - however they DO NOT taste like normal meringues. they are basically air with no substance. ok on top of something (lemon meringue ish) but not on their own. i love meringues but have yet to find recipe that works so if you find one please share.
For a syn free Sweet treat - try mixing quark with sweetner & then add berries (if you crush & melt slightly alpen light bars you can put the quark mix on top & top with berries - hay presto sw cheesecake!)
x

Mmmmmmm that sounds nice-wish I had the Ingredients now!!!!

oh i see... maybe not then LOL i like the crunch as well the sweetness on a standard sugar filled meringue LOL. thank you have the idea hun but i dont like cheese or quark i have tried it but its just not for me. will have to stick to my vanilla muller light and berries LOL :)

thanks for your help hun. i appreciate it :) xxx

have you tried silken tofu? it's ok mixed with sweetener and is also free.
yeah. I know. tofu, eurgh... but it's not minging I promise!

Back