swine flu

FloridaGirl

the main reason I have done this diet is so that I can wear normal and nice clothes on my holiday to Florida, I go next Friday so just over a week to go, its my daughters 6th birthday while we are there so its very exciting for us all. But with this swine flu I am terrified all flights will be cancelled to the US or there will be a massive outbreak in Florida!!!!
Typical !!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: (sorry guys this has nothing to do with LT)

Keeping fingers crossed that you're holiday will be all you're hoping it will be!

Hi
Its hard to know how to gauge things at the moment. Its best to remain quietly cautions rather than panic. These things are pretty hard to judge and it only over time that the level of risks can be assessed. So far so good in that there are no reports of holiday cancellations there yet. We are all in the same boat. I am due to go to turkey in 3 weeks who knows what wil happen. Its in the lap of the God's im afraid.:)

Swine Flu, it sounds scary, I hope it dies down rather than becomes a massive epidemic... Could you imagine that? :O

I work in a GP Surgery in Manchester, and apparantly our health authourity is awaiting the order for face masks!!! Our surgery has had to do a pandemic profile- all the staff have had to fill in details of who relies on us in the event of the pandemic ie children, spouses, parents to gauge sickness levels. We have had to give vehicle details to the Government as there would be probably be fuel shortages in the pandemic and we would be given priority for fuel to get to work as we are front line staff!! Scary, but personally I think the media is blowing it all out of proportion, I hope so anyway.

You lucky thing, have u been to Florida before? I love it, been about 6 times, not for a few years though, my mum and dad go in June. It will be an even more special hol for u as u will be showing off a new you! Enhoy, and I hope it all goes well x

To be honest i wouldnt worry too much.. I doubt there will be any bans on travel, only precautions.. i would also urge anyone who is worrying about swine flu to look into it, and the reality of.. well, as i see it anyway.. wont go too much into it here as its not the right forum, but best to keep informed.. not to be overly scared... and look at the broader picture... the very very few deaths swine flu has caused on a global scale in comparison to some of theother things going on in the world.. and the actual origins of 'swine' flu... which, by each passing day, are becomming more and more dubious...
AOL Search

Back