Switching from CC to SW.

Wasted Ink

Hello! I’ve been calorie counting for almost a year and have lost almost three stone. I want to lose the last 3 ½ stone or so this year on SW. The reason I’ve switched to SW is because I think it gives me more choice and variety. Rather than having to stick to a certain amount of calories, I can be a bit more liberal. I’ve noticed that I’m also planning healthier choices and cooking food from scratch, which I wasn’t doing when CC.

My Mum did slimming world a few years ago and lost 1 ½ stone in six months, but unfortunately fell off the wagon. But we’re determined to do it this time. I did food optimise with my Mum when she last did it - and lost 10lb. But then the weight just stopped coming off, despite me sticking to it. I’m incorporating exercise into my plan this time, though, so hopefully it’ll work better.

We’ve both got 3 ½ - 4 stone to lose. Unfortunately, we’re having to do it at home this time - can’t really afford the fee, but we’ve got our slimming world books and know all the guidelines. I started two days ago. I’ve noticed that so far I’ve actually put on 0.6lb - do you think this is normal, since I’ve swapped over from CC to Slimming World? I'm having 10 syns a day. I’m hoping it’ll even out to a loss by next Saturday.

Wish me luck!

Hi and welcome!
You will find that after CC you may put on a little as the body needs to adjust.
SW has changed considerably in the last couple of years, introducing Extra Easy as the plan they are now promoting.
I suggest that you go to at least one class, get the new book and updates. You don't have to go back but you will have all the updated info.
May I suggest that you also read this thread as it's very informative:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Good luck!

Good luck and yes it seems right you'd put on a little weight but don't be disheartened.

As a fairly new person to this I'm not the best for advice but hope you all the best with this fab eating plan. I'm sure you'll find SW is far easier to live by and relax with your eating than CC. With CC I'm sure I'd never stop thinking/worrying about what I was eating but on SW it's just so easy to eat again. You can control your life and leave your body to worry about the food :)

Back