Switching from Lipotrim?

My friend (who isnt a member of the site) had a couple of the bars yesterday and she has had the side effects to be polite. eat in moderation!

Grovergirl i just read ur diary, lol, guess you enjoyed the bars a little too much! It sounds like you eat alot of chicken, is that because you have to or through choice?

Or could i not have anything because of the high fat content?

High fat content is good. :)

Hi Jim so why can't i have curry with a sauce, sorry if i have it mixed up?

Yes, I eat lots of chicken, but I think that's just at the moment, and cos it's easy to buy pre-cooked bits in M&S, or roast one in the evening and bring left overs in for lunch the next day. Jim seems great on the stews and cassaroles. And I like fish - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs at weekends, or as comfort food. Also, a 'salad' at lunch isn't enough for me, I need bulk!!

I don't eat sauces when out if at all possible as I'd say lots of them involve sugar/tomatoes/flour/thickeners that might have carbs in them. Would rather prawns and mayo, or cheese board, or steak or something that, while being fatty, has the fat as part of the food rather than covered in 'alien' things, if you get me :D

As above stinky, I have a saying, "Keep it clean and green"

i.e. Unprocessed meats and green leaf veggies.

On induction i stayed clear of all sauces I hadn't made myself, I used lots of butter for frying, that and olive oil. I used Mayo on my salads etc...

oh and the full fat version, anything "Lite" has added sugar and salt to make up for the missing fat.

Yes, fat is good. But not by the ton, of course!

Atkins is often wrongly described as a 'high protein diet'. It is in fact a high fat, low carb, medium protein diet. We really need those fats to make our bodies burn our fat stores.

I know it sounds crazy to those of us (everyone? lol) used to traditional low calorie/low fat diet plans but Atkins is different. Low-carbing in general is different.

We have to just accept the wisdom of all who have gone before, and the science laid out in the books, and get on with it!

Thanks to everyone who posted on here and answered my questions it really helped me make my mind up as what to do.
I really don't think i can handle all the full fat food guys sorry, it took me years to get myself use to low fat everything,lol
Anyway i am still changing from LT but i am giving CD a go. I need something a little more strict personally, as i am good at cheating myself if i get too much free reign!
Anyway good luck to all and thanks again you were a massive help!!

Hi Stinky, yes it does take a lot of retraining your thinking, good luck on CD.

Back