Switching to Slim & Save from Exante

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
Hi everyone as from today I will be joining you. I used up the last of my Exante shakes/bars yesterday and I am now ready for Slim & Save. So far in the last four weeks I have lost 13lbs so hopefully I will continue to have good losses with the switch.

I am going to be doing 4 products a day to start with and maybe later switch to 3 a day, but I want to see how things go first as when I was doing Exante I was doing three products plus a chicken breast everyday so my body might be looking for that fourth meal. So I thought I'd ease myself in slowly.

I will let you know what I think of the shakes/meals/bars as I go, although they can't be any worse than Exante. When I first started, their shakes were disgusting, they tasted chemically and odd and didn't really taste of what they were supposed to. The worst for me being the Chocolate and the strawberry and as for the bars....bleurgh. Although I did get used to them and quite enjoyed them towards the end. So I guess what I'm saying is that it relly wont matter whether I like the Slim & Save products or not, as I am sure I will learn to love them too. lol

The main reason I wanted to switch to Slim & Save was because I wanted to eliminate the chicken breast from my diet but I still wanted to eat something as I get tired of the shakes and hopefully the porridge, cottage pie and spag bol can help with that. Also the chicken breast plus three Exante products was pushing me over 800 cals a day whereas four slim and save will only take me to around 600 cals a day so that is a bonus too saving me 1400 cals a week ;)

Hopefully all will go well. :D

Hope it goes well. You know what a VLCD is like so that's always a good start. I'm on 3 a day. I don't know when I'd fit the 4th one in actually :). I do look forward to the 'meal' in the evening and if you add the veg feels almost like real food :).

All the best - I'm using Cambridge and slim n save n the s n s meals I really like and bars r good too so let's hope you find them nice!

Thanks BorderGirl and Lara1986 for the words of support. I have just made up the porridge using 150mls of water and all I can say is that it's not like any porridge i've ever tasted. It kind of tastes like sweet flour if you know what I mean, very powdery on the tongue with an odd taste. Thankfully I only brought 7 of these and I did read somewhere on here a recipe for a cookie made out of the stuff. And the worst part is that it made quite a large size portion of it so the bowl is never ending, lol. Still as I said in my earlier post, I am sure I will grow to like it :fingerscrossed:

I didn't like the porridge to start with but I love it now and have just ordered another 20 :).

I hope u enjoy s&s and it works for u. Oh a cookie recipe... Tell us more lol im not sure i like the porridge v much only had one and not went on to try another

Good luck with it
i love the porridge , i make it with more water than it said and I let it cool quite a bit and set
To me it tastes more like semolina than porridge but either way i love it
I also love the spag bol but again I add more water
The cottage pie is ok , better with something added , I chuck a bit of soy sauce in
The bars i like are the choc truffa and the yogurt and white chocolate , in fact i like them too much and struggle to stick to one , so they are in the garage right now
Other than slimfast I have not done any other diets so have no idea what they taste like
the old stock of slim and save was pretty rank though and i gave up after 3 weeks of 3 shakes a day
The meals make it so much easier
Im sure you will find this a breeze considering what you have done in the past

I have to admit yesterday was a bit of a shock to me due to the fact that the strawberry shake was sooooooo sweet. It was like eating mouthfuls of sugar and the porridge was nothing like I expected, very odd and then later I got the shock of just how spicy the spag bol was, I was gulping water trying to cool my mouth down. I was thinking what the heck have I done? I had just gotten used to Exante which is very bland in comparison and the taste sensations from save and slim were just too much for me for my first day.. When it came to the evening I had a honey and nougat bar which was lovely. So it wasn't all bad :rotflmao:

This morning I tried the hazelnut shake which smelled gorgeous but upon tasting it didn't really taste of anything except incredibly sweet liquid, so come lunch time I decided to split my caramel shake in half so I could have two smaller shakes just in case this too was unbearably sweet to drink a full one. Anyway I made half up with 150mls of water and what do you know it tasted A LOT better no where near as sweet, so maybe the secret for me is to water it down a bit to reduce the sweetness factor. I am looking forward to trying out the cottage pie later on and I also have a choc truffa bar to have this evening. Nothing will make me quit not even too sweet shakes or mouth burning meals. I have signed up for a month on slim and save and I will do a month even if it kills me :rotflmao: Worst case scenario I head back to Exante for month 3 but hopefully I will be used to everything by then.

I am really interested to see how my first week goes, only six days left till weigh day :rolleyes: Although I am guilty of weighing daily. It's the first thing I do after jumping out of bed (alright second after a wee!) but if I hit the 16's by next Wednesday (I'm 17.1¾) at the moment I will be jumping for joy :D

Thanks for all the tips phoenix. I see what you mean about the bars. I can see myself liking them far too much myself. :rolleyes:

i am starting

i am just starting on slim and save got my parcle this morning, i was also on xante and found it all bland now i am reading your thread and you say they are sweet but i will do as you say and add more water and see how it taste will i let you know how i get on,

I add 400ml of water to my shakes. Seems like you're having more and probably counteracts the sweetness a bit.

Yey , quite a few daily weighers here , so you wont be alone

when i have the shakes I split them in half too , and I actually make each half up to a pint , so they are very watered down , but it doesnt bother me , I struggle to drink water so this is a good way to get enough into me , plus it fills me up

as for the spicy spag bol I pour it over my 200g salad allowance , this helps dilute the spiciness and i drink about 2 pints of water with it which again ensures im drinking enough , im a real pussy when it comes to hot food but im getting used to it

I think everyone find what works for them , and at least with this plan there is quite alot of scope for variety

when I do have a bar ,I have half mid afternoon and half in the evening after dinner
I cut it in half and then cut each half into tiny pieces , I put them in a little container in the fridge door , and i go back and forth for a piece over the course of an hour or two and I eat each tiny piece really slowly like im sucking a sweet , otherwise the whole bar would go down in 3 bites and wouldnt even touch the sides , this way I get to enjoy it all day

some people freeze them too so they take longer to eat and ive frozen shakes before as a dessert , better if you make it a bit thick

Hi all, confession time, I don't want to leave the lovely people at Exante but am finding it all a bit bland. I am coming up to the end of my first month and have not cheated at all. I have found it relatively easy but have decided to switch next week for a month. My box came today. I love hot and spicy things and I can only spice up the soup with pepper and chilli so many times, so I will be starting S and S next week.
I know I will stick to it and if I am not keen on it then I will go back to Exante for month three.
I intend to spend 4 months on a VLCD, no more no less - 120 days. I am a quarter of the way there.
Julia

PS I will start a diary too

if you like hot and spicy you are in good company , the spag bol and chilli are lovely

i have got more used to them now , but one good thing is you drink lots of water when eating them

personally i like the sweetness of the products , i have the shakes with about 250mls of water, i add them to my Smoothie2go blender (other blenders work just as well blah blah blah) i then add 4 ice cubes and whizz for about 30 seconds and OMGosh the are so thick and creamy! plus i drink a pint of water as im getting it ready and another whilst im drinking my shake and it keeps me really full x

each to their own,

the chilli meal with mushrooms is divine :)

hope you find a way that suits you x

Back