Symbols of achievement

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hey all...

Today I have been thinking, I think I want to get a tattoo at the top of my back (or somewhere else because I'm undecided!) to mark the end of my LL journey - or not just the end of the journey, but something to remind me of where I have been and what I have acheived.

I don't plan to get it yet, but was thinking more towards the end of summer, when I would of finished RTM, and am close to goal.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what I could get? :D

suggestions appreciated... xx

Fab idea!! How about the day you started, ie the day you decided to change your life for ever, you could have it in one of those symbol languages so it looks pretty?

What a fantastic idea!

Did you do that exercise where you draw a logo for your goals? Maybe see if a tattoo artist can work with that to get something that not only symbolises your success, but that reminds you of all the reasons you chose to do it, so looking at it will help your resolve and stop you falling off the wagon?

What a fantastic idea!

Did you do that exercise where you draw a logo for your goals? Maybe see if a tattoo artist can work with that to get something that not only symbolises your success, but that reminds you of all the reasons you chose to do it, so looking at it will help your resolve and stop you falling off the wagon?

No I've never done that??! I done the exercise which I think is week 1 or 2 where u draw pictures to symbolise reaching goal... but mine were things like mini skirts and I remember drawing an aeroplane seat - because I never used to fit in one :)

Would be weird 2 get a seat tattooed onto my back LOL

how about a milkshake?
hehe
sorry :)

This is such a fabulous idea! I've been considering a tatoo also, perhaps around my belly button.

I was thinking of a butterfly, won't go into full details but because it reminds me of my wee nana. But I think it could also symbolise a flight into pastures new (well in my funny head anyway). Also I hope that I'll be small and delicate, like a butterfly, lol.

Alternatively I'm thinking of getting my belly button pierced with a beautiful crystal butterfly bar.

Kellie=];667052 said:
how about a milkshake?
hehe
sorry :)

LOL You know what... good idea, bt no thanks :p

Somebody suggested getting one of those shaker-maker things or whatever they're called... that wud be hilarious - bt I don't fancy that lol

This is such a fabulous idea! I've been considering a tatoo also, perhaps around my belly button.

I was thinking of a butterfly, won't go into full details but because it reminds me of my wee nana. But I think it could also symbolise a flight into pastures new (well in my funny head anyway). Also I hope that I'll be small and delicate, like a butterfly, lol.

Alternatively I'm thinking of getting my belly button pierced with a beautiful crystal butterfly bar.

Wow... ur v brave! I have already got a tattoo on my foot... but I don't think I can take the pain of a piercin!

Sum1 mentioned a koi carp... because it represents 'dedication and achievement' - which is exactly what I want... but then I asked someone else and they said it means "happiness and health" - I really want to be exactly sure what they mean b4 I get one!

I always wanted the amount of weight i lost in roman numerals :)

Oh do you think a piercing would be more painful than a foot tattoo? Oh in that case, definitely not! lol. I did consider one around my ankle but then decided against that because it would be too sore! :-(

I've only ever had my nose pierced and that wasn't painful at all, just made my eyes water.

How about something like a tulip? Tulip's come out in spring, spring represents birth, renewal, life, the end of winter. Being overweight was the winter period in your life, you've lost the weight and are now in spring!

hmmmmm...this is a tricky one. I am currently having a tattoo removed. So far it's taken 12 months of pain and lots of money to get rid of it and it's still there. I used to love it...in fact I have 7 tattoos but now I'm 31 I hate them all. Just be really sure you'll love it in 10 years time. I'd say have it somewhere it can be covered up. :)

Just to add...if you're sure you want one how about going for something like a butterfly... or a swan...both start off in life not at their full potential but end up truly beautiful.

Once I am at goal I am going to have five stars tattoed on me either top or bottem of back for the number of stone lost

I'll prob get the date i started with a good design
but the biggest thing to mark the success is my new car once ive lost all the weight
:)

BG put the idea into my head of getting the weight i will have lost in roman numerals. so it will be 60lbs overall, which is LX. which is ironic, cos everything i used to own was XL! thinking of gettin it done in gothic lettering, possibly at the bottom of my back. but im only going for a 5 year temporary one, too scared to go for one that will last forever.

Back