Symbols of achievement

but im only going for a 5 year temporary one, too scared to go for one that will last forever.

I've also been contemplating a tat - but too scared - never heard of a five-year tattoo - what does that involve and where can I get one?

Carol x

PS Scottishmum - got my belly button pierced and it didn't hurt as much as getting my ears pierced

I thought 5 year tattoos were a media myth and that your still left with a slight pattern/ scarring. Off to google..

Temporary Tattoos.

Heres a link about semi-permanant tattoos

Thanks for that - guess I wont be having one then!

Just looked at another site where someone had had one that was meant to be "temporary" and is still there 20 odd years later.

Carol x

PS Scottishmum - got my belly button pierced and it didn't hurt as much as getting my ears pierced[/quote said:
Oh cool, thanks for that Carol. I think thats me decided then! :D

Going on hols 4 weeks on Saturday. How soon do you think I should get it done as I don't want it getting infected from the pools? Or should i wait til I get back

how about a phoenix , symbol of rebirth ? I was thinking of this but not till I get to at least 12 stone..

Oh cool, thanks for that Carol. I think thats me decided then! :D

Going on hols 4 weeks on Saturday. How soon do you think I should get it done as I don't want it getting infected from the pools? Or should i wait til I get back

Scottishmum

Does take an absolute age to heal - I was bathing it in really hot salted water for 6 weeks - then sprayed it with germolene antiseptic spray twice a day for at least another few weeks.

Is it quite likely to get infected in the pool? If so maybe you should wait - although it would look cool for your hols. I love mine!

Carol x

Definitely DON'T get it done before you go away.

They take about a year to fully heal.

Mine was bathed in salt water for 6 weeks, then it looked healed, but would go a bit odd every so often and eventually took about a year before it was fine.

PS Don't get it done if you plan on getting pg in the near future either. My friend had it done, then fell pg 3 months later and the hole stretched and scarred quite badly.

I had mine done 12 years ago, and have since had 3 babies, but it's all fine (if you look beyond the 'mummy tummy':D), but you do need to leave it a full year.

Back