Syn Calculator -----can this really be right??

I have just bought a Sainsburys TTD Edamame and Butterbean Salad, it has a teeny pot of dressing in it and I wondered how many Syns there would be if I ate it rather than had the salad 'naked' like I have done before. I entered all the nutritional info and set the free food to cooked Soya beans. It has come back as FREE ??? ( On green and Extra Easy) Surely this cannot be right ...have I dont it wrong?
Nuts per 100g are as follows Kcal 116, Protien 6.6g, Carbs 9.9g, Fats 4.1g, pack weight 185g

If this is correct I am having this a lot ...its delicious and very filling.:confused:

Awwww Rubbish !!! Just found it on second time of looking in Syns online !! Its 4 Syns on green and EE !!

The dressing was nice but not 4 Syns nice !! Back to having it 'Naked' then !

Just checked on the syns directory and it does come up as free.

________

Just for info for anyone interested - syns online says

Taste the Difference Edamame & Butterbean Salad, 185g pot
Extra Easy 4 Red 10 1/2 Green 4

I assume that these figures are with dressing

Deffo a bit confusing if 2 sources from SW are contradictory :confused:

I'd tend to use the syn'd version as the sauce contains, rapeseed oil, sugar, wheat flour & cornflour. .Prob small amounts of each but hey, it all adds up.

I think 4 syns is reasonable for a convenient and tasty lunch :) I've taken to Morrisons sushi as it's only a pound and on EE its free!

littleh said:
I think 4 syns is reasonable for a convenient and tasty lunch :) I've taken to Morrisons sushi as it's only a pound and on EE its free!

I didn't think sushi was Syn free.... It usually has a bit of sugar in the rice.
That being said I have put sushi through the Syn calculator and it comes up as free yet when I've looked it up on syns online it's syns...... *confused*

im just new and found that the syns calculator is different from the syns page, as a muller light choc sprinkles with black cherry, says 1 & 1/2 syns but when i calculate it myself it comes up as 5 syns, not sure what i should go with?

mummyof2x said:
im just new and found that the syns calculator is different from the syns page, as a muller light choc sprinkles with black cherry, says 1 & 1/2 syns but when i calculate it myself it comes up as 5 syns, not sure what i should go with?

Did you forget to put yoghurt as the free food allowance when you calculted it youself?

Back