Syn free chicken and sweetcorn soup (Chinese style)

It's confused me to now don't worry lol the so Asia book has some really nice recipes it tells you the syn value at the bottom of them but it dosnt tell you what the syns are for the only different thing is cornflour so that has to be what the syns. Are but if you make it without that and it's free then I'm not putting the cornflour on it anymore ! Lol xxx

We're are you buying the tin of creamed sweetcorn from please.?
Tried tesco and Asda no luck :0(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have only ever got the tins from Asda or Tesco. They are where the normal sweetcorn is.

I think you need big shops not the express or metro type shops

We're are you buying the tin of creamed sweetcorn from please.?
Tried tesco and Asda no luck :0(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The only place I could ever get it was Morrisons. They've now started stocking it in some of the bigger Tesco stores near us :) xx

Hi Just a couple of questions, I know this is an old post sorry.....Is it ok to reheat the next day for lunch for example? And do you use the entire egg or just the white?

Thanks

Hiya hun. Thanks for bringing the thread up, you've reminded me to make this again. I've always warmed the soup up the following day and never had any problems, just make sure it's piping hot.

I also use the whole egg beaten and drizzled in :) xx

Well now I'm going to bring it up again Sian and thanks very much. I love chicken and sweetcorn soup and had been looking for a recipe that is similar to the sort you get in a Chinese. I'm going to make it right now as I have some cold cooked chicken in the fridge that needs using today! Many thanks and maybe you'll see it and reminded all over again :)

Will be making this, photo taken of the ingredients, so now on phone ready for the shop..

Brought a soup maker the other day and I need to start using it x

I just made and ate this. It was delicious! I think I would blend half to thicken it a bit next time.

Back