Snacks Syn free Cream Soda jelly sweets

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
Hiya

I have just experimented by making some syn free cream soda jelly sweets.

They are in the fridge now (setting )

I will let you know the result later

Kx :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes please tell!

HPSaucy said:
Ooh they sound good.. How did you make them? X

Will let you know if successful lol , promise!!

Kx

Yeuch!!!! Needs more flavour tasted insipid lol

hollys nan said:

I wont be beaten lol

What did you do to make them anyway?? maybe we can all input some ideas on how to make them better???

*honey said:
What did you do to make them anyway?? maybe we can all input some ideas on how to make them better???

I warmed up diet lemonade and vanilla extract and sweetener and then dissolved some gelatine into it.

It set no problem but didn't taste of anything.
I am guessing a lot more sweetener and vanilla is needed.

Kx

you could try using cream soda anyway, ASDA and sainsburys do a sugar free cream soda ( tescos say they do but not in mine!) so that may have more flavour to it

*honey said:
you could try using cream soda anyway, ASDA and sainsburys do a sugar free cream soda ( tescos say they do but not in mine!) so that may have more flavour to it

True - I think it depends on strength and sweetness also as it tasted ok before I gelatined it lol

Kx

Brill idea! I've got some of the Tescos diet cream soda, might try it tomorrow! x

furrysmudge said:
Brill idea! I've got some of the Tescos diet cream soda, might try it tomorrow! x

Let me know if it works- lol

Kx

sounds lovely x

It worked!!!!! :)

Ok:

1/4 pint diet lemonade
2 tblsp vanilla extract
3-4 tblsp sweetener
2 sachets gelatine powder

Mix lemonade, vanilla and sweetener in a jug. Pour into a saucepan and warm gently. Whisk in gelatine until dissolved.

Pour into tupperware, leave to set.

Cut into cubes- free jelly sweets !!!!!

Attachments

• image-2292059506.jpg
    image-2292059506.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,962
It worked!!!!! :)

Ok:

1/4 pint diet lemonade
2 tblsp vanilla extract
3-4 tblsp sweetener
2 sachets gelatine powder

Mix lemonade, vanilla and sweetener in a jug. Pour into a saucepan and warm gently. Whisk in gelatine until dissolved.

Pour into tupperware, leave to set.

Cut into cubes- free jelly sweets !!!!!

wow sound lovely! mite sound strange but what do they taste like? do u reckon u could use diet cola or something to make it different flavours? i know where they sell sugar free cherryade, appleade and orangeade so maybe this could work? :)

juicygooseface said:
wow sound lovely! mite sound strange but what do they taste like? do u reckon u could use diet cola or something to make it different flavours? i know where they sell sugar free cherryade, appleade and orangeade so maybe this could work? :)

Hiya
They taste like a flat cream soda. Not sure what happens but jelly sweets lose the fizz. I would suggest making up sugar free squash instead- make sure it tastes quite strong ie probably stronger than you would drink as flavour also reduces ( my 1st batch were totally flavourless). Then heat thus up and when warm/ almost boiling add the gelatine sachets slowly whilst whisking. Sometimes lumps appear, these should be sifted out- pour mixture into container through a sieve. Then u have 0 syn jelly, or jelly sweets!!! :)

Hope that helps

Kx

Maybe heat and reduce the liquid to help concentrate the flavour? Be that cherryade, cream sode or orangeade. Just a theory.

Hiya
They taste like a flat cream soda. Not sure what happens but jelly sweets lose the fizz. I would suggest making up sugar free squash instead- make sure it tastes quite strong ie probably stronger than you would drink as flavour also reduces ( my 1st batch were totally flavourless). Then heat thus up and when warm/ almost boiling add the gelatine sachets slowly whilst whisking. Sometimes lumps appear, these should be sifted out- pour mixture into container through a sieve. Then u have 0 syn jelly, or jelly sweets!!! :)

Hope that helps

Kx

yes it does help :) thankyou for the idea, i will have to have a try an let u know!

x

Back