Syn free dinner?

Hi,
I have just started the slimming world diet today. I hadn't eaten anything before dinner and fancied something quite stodgy but wanted to stick to what I thought i was allowed and for it to be syn free. So, i had :

2 home made burgers :
Lean steak mince, half chopped onion, egg. (fried with 1cal cooking spray)
(no rolls)
And a whole large tin of heinz spaghetti

and 1 fried egg (in low call cooking spray)

and diet coke to go with this.

I checked and think this is all syn free, however i find it hard to believe that eating all of this is allowed on a diet and assume i must have misread the rules. Also, hae i done it wrong because i didnt fill a third of my plate with superfree foods? i just find it hard to beliee that consuming so many calories could be free and not unhealthy! Please advise ... :)
p.s sorry if this in on wrong forum, i wasnt sure.

I joined SW on Thursday, I also am feeling the same, I had a massive bowl of pasta and whole tin of tuna the other say which is free but it just feels like surely you can't have all that!! I'm still trying to understand it! I'm trying to live off muller lights cus there free! You doing EE? X

you do need to have the 3rd superfree, so maybe having some salad with the burger or making couscous with veg in would have helped. thats what i do. and making ur own tomato sauce - chopped tomato, garlic, vinegar and chilli is my fav :)

3rd superfree really is the main point of ee, some people do it throughout the day rather than per meal but i find it easier to fill up on each meal than per day

hope this helps x

Yes it is all free

But you are right in saying you need to have more superfree foods ( most fruit and veg).
About a third of your plate should be super free and a third free ( at least - ofc 2/3 can be free)

I was the same when I started 6 weeks ago
I ate much more than I ever did on my unhealthy diet of chippys and chineses
But I stuck to it and mostly it was to say look I followed it and it didn't work!! To the consultant

But my jaw hit the floor when I lost 3.5 lbs on my first week....
It really does work

Keep at it and don't forget lots of fruit and veg
Allow yourself some syns too
I was scared to but I have chocolate and biscuits as my syns and still lose

Keep it up you'll be fine :)
Check back and see you

Leia x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thankyou all , yes i suppose if i had of had the superfree, then i would have eaten less of the rest and therefore less calories ...
I also love mullerlight yoghurts, and laughing cow light (cant believe we can have 5 for a H.E)
I was trying just to have a low cal diet before SW, so i am a bit scared now to have white pasta, bread (and cheese on H.E) . Is it important to have H.E's ? Also, 1 more question, if i save syns on most days, can I have more syns on other days? I ask because i want to be able to go out and have a few drinks at weekend or special nights out, or save syns for a takeaway once a week? Sorry for so many questions :/

Dramaqueen1 said:
Thankyou all , yes i suppose if i had of had the superfree, then i would have eaten less of the rest and therefore less calories ...
I also love mullerlight yoghurts, and laughing cow light (cant believe we can have 5 for a H.E)
I was trying just to have a low cal diet before SW, so i am a bit scared now to have white pasta, bread (and cheese on H.E) . Is it important to have H.E's ? Also, 1 more question, if i save syns on most days, can I have more syns on other days? I ask because i want to be able to go out and have a few drinks at weekend or special nights out, or save syns for a takeaway once a week? Sorry for so many questions :/

The hex are for calcium and fibre so it is important to have them

I know some people do total syns for the week and take it away from the total each day
I prefer to have a small treat ( a biscuit or something) everyday but sometimes if I'm having a night out I'll cut down my syns to make up for going over
It's watever works for you
Though my consultant did say that it wasn't the way the plan is made and to do it at your own risk - but I know people who lose that way so it's up to you

Don't worry about the questions everyone has them
Leia x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Just to add that for mince to be syn free it has to be EXTRA lean. If the mince you used was only lean then it would need to be synned but it will not be very high in syns on red/extra easy.

Back