Syn Free Green Recipies

SkinnieMinnie

Gone off track last few weeks!:( have set myself a target to lose 2lbs this week! Anyone got any good and tasty green recipies to keep me off the Greggs pasties!!;) Cheers :) Rachel x:p

Homity Pie

Ingredients:
Fry Light
12oz/340g Potatoes, peeled & cubed
9oz/255 onions, chopped
9oz/255g leeks, thinly sliced
7oz/198g frozen peas
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3fl oz/85ml vegetable stock
6oz/170g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 220c/425f/Gas 7. Spray a medium-size, ovenproof dish with Fry Light.
  • Boil the potatoes for 15-20 mins or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash. Set aside until needed.
  • Spray a large non-stick frying pan with Fry Light and stir fry the onions, leeks and peas over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until softened.
  • Add the mashed potatoes, garlic, parsley, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, season & stir to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared oven proof dish and scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

Serves 4
Syns per serving:
Green Free*

*Add 6 syns if not using the cheese as a Healthy Extra

Quorn Cannelloni

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
2 eggs
Handful of fresh Parsley
12 oz/340g Quorn Mince
400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
14 oz/397g Passata
12 Cannelloni Tubes
14 oz/397g very low-fat natural yoghurt

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas 4. Peel & crush the garlic. Beat the eggs. Chop the parsley. Mix the Quorn with the garlic & tomatoes and use this mixture to stuff the cannelloni tubes. Spread the passata over the bottom of a lasagne dish & arrange the tubes in a single layer on top. Mix the eggs & yoghurt together & pour over. Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle over the Parsley.

Serves 4
Syns per serving:
Free on green & extra easy

NB: You can also use your 42g of Mozzarella from your HE A allowance, sprinkle the cheese over the top of the eggs & yoghurt mixture before you bake in the oven, this gives it a crispier topping.

Spaghetti Arrabiatta
Fry on a low heat (in olive oil HexB or Fry Light) some chopped shallots, and garlic with a small pinch of dried chilli flakes (depending on how hot you want it)
Once softened add some passatta, salt, pepper, oregano, pinch of sweetner and a splash of balsamic vinegar and allow to reduce down for about 10 mins.
Toss through cooked spaghetti and top with Hex A amount of parmesan.

Mushroom Stroganoff (almost syn free)
'Fry' in Frylight some sliced shallots with a tiny dash of water, and a spice mix of ground cumin, sweet paprika and chilli powder. Once soft add lots and lots of thinly sliced mushrooms and cook until soft.
Add reduced fat creme fraiche to taste (I usually use 1tbsp per person - 1.5 syns each), warm through, then add some lemon juice and freshly chopped parsley right at the end.
Serve with SW chips, or rice, or both!

Thankkk youu :):) will try themm x

I made stuffed jacket potato skins a couple of weeks ago and they just tasted like the inside of a gregs cheese and onion pasty....

here goes....bake pots til skin nice and crispy, scoop out the inside and mix with a strong grated cheddar, chopped spring onions and chopped (dry or fresh) chives.....spoon back into potato and bake til crispy.....OMG they are amazing!! :)

I made stuffed jacket potato skins a couple of weeks ago and they just tasted like the inside of a gregs cheese and onion pasty....

here goes....bake pots til skin nice and crispy, scoop out the inside and mix with a strong grated cheddar, chopped spring onions and chopped (dry or fresh) chives.....spoon back into potato and bake til crispy.....OMG they are amazing!! :)

Yummy.....i am going to try these tommorrow xx

Vegetable and lentil soup.

2x leeks
1x onion
2x carrots
2x small potatoes
Tinned tomatoes
2 pints of bovril stock (or any stock that you prefer)
7 oz of red split lentils.

Cook all of the vegetables in 1 pint of the bovril stock...boil until vegetables are soft.....add the red split lentils and leave for 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat down to a simmer and add the tinned tomatoes and the remaining pint of bovril stock. season to taste and leave to simmer for at least a further 30 mins ....longer if desired!!! :)

Back