Syn Free, Home made Microwave meals, yep, you heard me right!

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Im not sure if anyone else has heard of these but i just HAVE to share my discovery with you all!!

I stumbled across some steam bags whilst i was in home bargins and thought i would give them a go. You basically put in a piece of chicken or fish or some veggies, throw some herbs and spices or whatever you like to add to taste and simply put in the microwave.

Too easy i thought, 69p for 8 bags, they will be naff i thought!

WRONG!!!!!!!!! The are THE greatest invention, especially for slimmers!!!

I have been cooking chicken, fish, prawns, new potato's - just about everything in these bags! If you make fish the house doesnt smell to high heaven for days afterwards and a piece of fish fillet cooks in 3 minutes flat. It keeps your food really succulent and full of flavour because it steam cooks in the bag. I've been buying fish and chicken and adding red chillies, lime, ginger and lemongrass into the bag and freezing them and then taking a bag out the night before for my dinner the following day.

Look out for them in the shops folks - they look like the picture below. I bought 10 packs of them when i was last in Home Bargins and they really are a life saver!

140703.jpg

Wow, these sound amazing GCH!! We don't have a Home Bargains in Swansea as far as I'm aware, but will now be on the hunt!! Sounds so easy, and they'll be really great to take into work with me!! Thanks!X

Wow, these sound amazing GCH!! We don't have a Home Bargains in Swansea as far as I'm aware, but will now be on the hunt!! Sounds so easy, and they'll be really great to take into work with me!! Thanks!X

They sell them in Asda as well sweetie, they are about £1.09 in there but even for the higher price they are totally worth it.

They are going on ebay for £2.99 per back plus delivery!!!!

Thats so good! especially as i like hot things for lunch and at work we only have microwaves and kettles! brilliant! thank you!

thanks very much for this, i'm the same as woodsylou and we only have a kettle and microwave at my work, and i'm always struggling for things to eat on red days at lunchtime, so this would be pefect. xx

They look great - thanks for the tip

There are 2 in Llanelli hun, just pop over the bridge!! One is in the town centre, the other is on station road - this one has car parking.

HTH

x

Cool - That'll make back-to-school and sticking to plan SO much easier!
You might just have to put your tastiest ideas on the forum for us to give a try!

Off to Asda after tea!

You might just have to put your tastiest ideas on the forum for us to give a try!

So far ive done the following:

King Prawns and other various white fish with slices of lime, finely chopped red chilli, grated ginger and chopped lemon grass

Chicken breast cut into chunks with garlic, basil, oregano and black pepper

King Prawns with chunks of fresh mango, slices of lime and green chilli

White Fish with lemon, parsley and a knob of butter (synned)

Prawn/Fish/Chicken with a paste made up of low fat coconut milk - 100ml, brown sugar, nam pla (fish sauce), soya sauce, ginger, red/green chilli, lemongrass and fresh lime. I made 5 portions and the whole paste mix equated to 4 syns so its less than 1 syn per portion.

Corn on the cob with Nando's peri peri chip sprinkle sprayed with buttery frylight

New potato's sprayed with buttery frylight, rosemary and thyme

Hope these give you some slimspiration!

Thanks - great ideas!
Does the fish / meat go in raw?

x

oooh these sound ace! sadly i was in home bargains yesterday and did not spy these :( though wasn't looking that hard at that section maybe i usually spend mosta my time at the toys and the cheap food lol!

X

Back