Syn free mild curry sauce for kids??

Chop onions and fry until soft, chuck in a can of tomatoes and add salt, Garam masaalah, coriander powder and cumin powder and cook on a low heat for ten minutes.. And that's your curry sauce.. You can add some Philly light if you want to make it creamy or better still some 0% fat fromage frais.. If the kids can take some heat put in a little bit of chilli flakes..

The Philly light would be synned but not the fromage frais..

What about the Mushy Pea Curry - you can make that as strong/mild as you like.

Simply fry off Onions and Chicken Breast pieces in frylight. Once cooked, add 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes and 1 tin of Mushy Peas. Stir well. Add to the mixture as much/little curry powder as you like. Stir again and let the mixture heat. I also add a Coconut MullerLight to mine, to make it even more creamy and tastes just like a Korma!

I know it sounds really really strange, but it tastes nowhere near as bad as it sounds - it's actually really nice! Could be worth a try :) xx

What about the Mushy Pea Curry - you can make that as strong/mild as you like.

Simply fry off Onions and Chicken Breast pieces in frylight. Once cooked, add 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes and 1 tin of Mushy Peas. Stir well. Add to the mixture as much/little curry powder as you like. Stir again and let the mixture heat. I also add a Coconut MullerLight to mine, to make it even more creamy and tastes just like a Korma!

I know it sounds really really strange, but it tastes nowhere near as bad as it sounds - it's actually really nice! Could be worth a try :) xx

Do you mean the coconut one with chocolate bits on top or do they do a plain coconut one? :confused:

Do you mean the coconut one with chocolate bits on top or do they do a plain coconut one? :confused:

Yes, the one with the chocolate bits - as far as I know they don't do a plain coconut one. You can't taste the chocolate bits at all though, you should give it a try :)

Chop onions and fry until soft, chuck in a can of tomatoes and add salt, Garam masaalah, coriander powder and cumin powder and cook on a low heat for ten minutes.. And that's your curry sauce.. You can add some Philly light if you want to make it creamy or better still some 0% fat fromage frais.. If the kids can take some heat put in a little bit of chilli flakes..

The Philly light would be synned but not the fromage frais..

Ooh this sounds good may have to try this as I don't like things that are too spicy :flamingmad:

xx

SWLizzy said:
Ooh this sounds good may have to try this as I don't like things that are too spicy :flamingmad:

xx

It is :) I use this a the base for all my curries but include chilli flakes, and turmeric powder too... But without the Philly light or ff...

Very simple but delicious x

The mushy pea curry is great. The recipe I have for it also includes a tin of green beans and some garlic, and I use a hand blender to make it smoother. I also add a bit of chilli and a teaspoon of splenda. I just make up a batch of the sauce, and freeze portions to use. I usually add prawns to mine.

My kids love Korma. I make mine with Butternut squash, onion, garlic, mild curry powder, korma spices (think they are by schwarts) and a few tablespoons of light coconut milk (this means its not syn free but its only 1-2 syns per person) The butternut gives the curry a really creamy texture and as its sweet its perfect for kids :) xx

My kids love Korma. I make mine with Butternut squash, onion, garlic, mild curry powder, korma spices (think they are by schwarts) and a few tablespoons of light coconut milk (this means its not syn free but its only 1-2 syns per person) The butternut gives the curry a really creamy texture and as its sweet its perfect for kids :) xx

That sounds lush!

Back