Green Day Syn Free Noodles

Love2bSlim

I think this is a pretty obvious "recepie", but I decided to share it anyway!! :)

I used to love instant noodles as a snack (or part of a main meal) & seeing as I can no longer find the Batchelors fat free ones, I made my own version.

All No Syn on green:
Amoy Straight To Wok Rice Noodles
Onions
Mushrooms
Oxo (I like beef, but whatever you fancy!)
Fry light
(Chopped red pepper if you like)

1. Add Onions, Mushrooms & pepper to a frying pan with Fry light & "fry" untill soft.
2. Put about 1/2 small cup of hot water & oxo into a cup, stir & then add to frying pan.
3. Put required amount of noodles into the pan whilst the water is still sizzling (I used 1/2 an individual pack) & stir untill all the water has evaporated & noodles have broken up.
4. I usually then add garlic salt, pepper & a little paprika-- & then serve!

A verrrry simple, yummy noodle snack!! :D

Hate to say but I think any fresh or basically non dired noodles aren't syn free as they put stuff in them to preserve them a bit. I don't think the syn value is that high though.

Recipe sounds lovely, I'd have it with scallions in. Never though to use Oxo, must give it a go.

Oh Bugger!! I checked the handbook about 5 times too & I'm sure in the green free branded food section it said Amoy Straight to Wok noodles... :/
Hmm...good job I've only had it twice...think I need to relook at my noodles!! :)

Thanks!!

fresh noodles are synned

Amoy Straight to Wok Rice Noodles are free on EE/Green. ONLY the Rice noodles - the others are synned as below:

Straight to Wok, Chilli Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 3
Straight to Wok, Rice Noodles, twin pack, ambient, 150g pouch Free
Straight to Wok, Medium Noodles, twin pack, ambient, 150g pouch 2½
Straight to Wok, Garlic & Coriander Noodles, ambient, 150g pack 3
Straight to Wok, Singapore Noodles, twin pack, ambient, 150g pouch 2

Straight to Wok Thread Fine Noodles, twin pack, ambient, 150g pouch 1½
Straight to Wok, Udon Thick Noodles, twin pack, ambient, 150g pouch 1½

It's the only one I've ever come across that is free! :) I dont know what they do to it but they should do it more often! :D

I went out and got some yesterday after finding out and had them in a stir fry for tea. Not bad, much much better than dried ones but not as nice as 'proper' fresh ones. Think its worth spending a few syns on a fresh pack. :)

Gonna get me sone of these!!

Back