Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Syn free or low syn boognaise sauce???

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Cherrycherrypinup, 30 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Cherrycherrypinup

Cherrycherrypinup Member

Hi all
    I am a huge fan of pasta dishes and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for a bolognaise sauce or even knew of a good low Syn one from a jar?

Many thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    my failsafe recipe
    mushrooms
    onions
    peppers
    tin of tomatoes
    garlic
    and simmer with the syn free mince. if you want a more 'tomatoe' taste add 2 tbsp of tomato puree and syn the puree

4. natalierobertson

natalierobertson Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(20.55%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Yes, this is exactly the same as mine. I also include chopped fresh tomatoes too to bump up the 1/3 superfree - let it simmer for a couple of hours and it is really good - I've just eaten mine!! Stuffed!! X

5. Cherrycherrypinup

Cherrycherrypinup Member

Ooooooo thankyou :)
    That sounds yummy thankyou :D

6. Charli2019

Charli2019 Full Member

I always add courgette for extra veg and a splash of Worcestershire sauce! Mmmm

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you want a syn free version you will need to make it yourself as sauces in jars tend to be fairly high in syns. I never use jars but I think the lowest I've seen mentioned on here was about 6 syns. Don't ask me which one though as I've no idea, you'd need to try doing a search to find out.

8. natalierobertson

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(20.55%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Oh yes, completely forgot the Worcestershire sauce - I always put in a healthy helping - was speaking with oh's best friend yesterday and he says he always puts courgettes in his - ive never tried it but I will next time I do a bolognese. Any other tips? x

Last edited: 30 May 2011
  9. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I've done so experimenting recently as i found my sw versions weren't very nice. I now use onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs, tablespoon tomato ketchup & a beef stock pot. I sometimes melt some anchovies in as well.

10. Charli2019

Charli2019 Full Member

Yeh I sometimes use ketchup in mine for a bit more tomato flavour, I have the easy chilli jar aswell so sometimes a bit of that for something a bit different! But I swear by courgette in it! Bulks it out and I'm addicted to them lol

11. natalierobertson

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(20.55%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Oooh, ill try that next time. I always put 2 stock cubes in mine too, yum yum! x

12. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i always add loads of veg courgettes and carrots to mine and add a little bit of sweetner to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes.

13. LeleQ1987

LeleQ1987 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also love courgettes & carrot in mine, though some friends & family think I'm weird for it.

you know what's funny? I used to always make spag bol with jars of sauce til I first joined Slimming World last year. Now, I cant stand them. Much prefer the taste of my home cooked instead :D

14. ruthiebusybee

ruthiebusybee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We're quite addicted to various versions of Spag Bol and Chilli as you can eat so much without worrying!

I always chop everthing up quite small too, so that the veg disappears into the sauce, especially as my OH is not so keen on some of what I put in!

Onion, garlic, chilli flakes and fresh chillies, very lean mince, salt & pepper, bovril beef stock, tomatoe puree, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, carrots, tinned tomatoes and then topped up with water.

Then simmered down to a beautiful thick sauce, and just before the end I add peas too.

Then serve it with a lovely big helping of wholemeal spaghetti.

Yummo!

I know what we're having for tea tonight!

15. Estrella

Estrella Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(19.05%)
    I'll stick my two pence in too! Lol I made easy extra bolognase.

Mince, tin chopped toms, handful of cherry toms, capers, celery (chopped very fine) , bacon, anchovies (syn v v low, only use 1 or 2 chopped up, they disintegrate and don't taste like fish at all but makes it super tasty!) red onion, garlic, woscester sauce, a tablespoon of sweetener. And a squirt of purée (syn) and a splash of red wine vinegar!

Cook for 30 mins

I love it so much. Really flavorsome and rich

16. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    ooo - never thought of red wine vinegar - might try that next time!! like the bacon idea as well - i used to add pancetta pre SW but that it TOO synful!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.