syn free or low syn ready meals???

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
anyone know of any? or any low synned ones at least?

I am working looooooooooong 12 hour shifts and i really dont even have the time to cook in advance.
I really want to stick at this as my other option is weight watchers and i find this diet on the whole alot better!

Any ideas would be great!!!

ww mediteranean veg pasta ready meal (chilled) 1.5 on green day...very nice too...not spicy but has a zing to it....quite nice to nibble your he-a mini babybels with it too!

Is there any kind of SW shopping or eating out guide which has syn values for loads of things (like the WW points guides?)

Hey Tescos healthy living 2 chicken breasts in tomato & basil sauce (chilled) are free on red, I usually pop them in the microwave and just have them with veg or HEb bap.
HTH xx

Reactions: Taz
thanks guys. just sick of batchelors pasta sauce now. got it coming out of my earholes. i only get half hour slot breaks as its broken up through the day so i have to be able to do it real quick. does anyone know of any guides for syns values in shops? x

Mug shots are great for taking into work. I used to have them all the time. The noodle ones are free on green.

Are we making this thread a Sticky?

Asda Lamb shanks with mint gravy are free on original x

Hot & Spicy skewers (or kebabs) from the Co-Op are really nice but a bit pricey, they are 4 for £2.99 (which I think is quite a lot).

There is a Birds Eye ready meal called Pasta Arrabiata which is free on green. They are quite nice.

I also like the Microwavable rice sachets from uncle Ben's, but I can't remember how many they are.

I agree that this needs to be a sticky! I'd be quite happy to spend a few syns on a ready meal for convenience-sake. Sometimes, especially towards the back end of the week when I get tired, I just lose the plot when it comes to preparing meals.

Yep.
How do we make this a sticky then?
Its the new geeen giant soups that are new on HX's.
May have to try them in the new year if i can find them!
x

Sue wills's cumbrian lamb hotpot and jonathan and lindsays little fellside beef casserole are 1.5 syns
but not sure where they are from?

Just discovered these are free but havn't tried them, I'm shopping tomorrow so will pick them up then to have for emergencies!

Birdseye salmon & dill steam cuisine (free on red)

Birdseye Simply Salmon frozen breadcrumbed fillets (also free on red)

couscous, just add hot water wait 5 mins and tuck in, and for afters as much fruit as you like. what could be simpler.

Batchelors mild curry savoury rice aint bad either but takes a while longer to microwave.

discovered since the canteen at work shut that you can make batchelors supernoodles (or any similar) up by just pouring boiling water on them covering up with either the lid off the tupperware tub or some cling film and leaving them for 5-10 minutes

I now also make pasta n sauce in a food flask by putting it in dry with the boiling water in the morning and its cooked about 3 hours later ..though only do this with a food flask one of the girls at work did it with a normal one and couldnt work out why she couldnt get it out of the flask i couldnt stop laughing!
will be experimenting with savoury rice over the weekend!

Reactions: Taz
Back