syn free or low syn ready meals???

Sainsbury's Be good to yourself veg curry with pilou rice is 1 syn on green
Sainsbury's Be good to yourself Chicken Korma and Pilau rice is 6 n half on Green
Sainsbury's Be good to yourself Paprika Chicken and Pilaf rice is 5 n half on green
Sainsbury's Be good to yourself King Prawn Sizzler is 3 on green
Linda McCartneys Moroccan tagine is 1 syn (frozen) on green

Not quite a ready meal, but the lamb shanks in tomato and red wine sauce from Aldi are free on red/EE and can be cooked in the microwave in 7 mins or something... and they taste gorgeous!

If it's the Uncle Ben's Express Rice pouches you mean, most of them do have syns. If you know which ones you want to know about, I'm sure someone will post values.

quorn

I am sure I saw Quorn chilli mix and quorn fajita mix in tesco freezer section. it said just add chopped tomatoes.
cannot find them on slimming world or even on the quorn site.
anyone else seen these???
anyone know the syn value????

this is the only quorn fajita that i could find on syns online
Quorn Fajita Strips, Surprisingly Low Fat, 140g pack, chilled 100g

red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

Where do they sell these quorn fajita strips? i have never seen them! Sounds great? How many syns are there to a tortilla? x

Not all shops stock them but if they do, you'll find them in the chilled cabinet beside the other quorn stuff.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Bread, Tortillas, wheat flour 42g standard

red.gif
Original 7 Syns
green.gif
Green 7 Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Bread, Tortillas, corn flour 38g standard

red.gif
Original 6 Syns
green.gif
Green 6 Syns

Hi there, there's a list of books in the eat and slim section of the lifeline online site. there's a book called Branded free foods and also one called low syn snacks which i find good for when you're on the go. x

Tesco tinned cheese ravioli is really yummy, 3 1/2 on green for the whole tin! Yummy with your slice of wholemeal or a jacket

I know it's not syn free but I adore the Quorn chilli pasta bake! It is 5.5 syns but it's really filling and kept me going for hours! You could always take some veg to pop in the microwave or some salad to bulk up low syn/syn free meals, or how about jacket potatoes done the night before which are practically work-free! You can put into them tuna, houmous, cottage cheese, ratatouille, baked beans, spicy beans! Even a bit of cheese as a HE-a!

Iceland chicken fillets and beef slices in gravy are both free on RED and EE. the chicken ones are £1 a box and the beef are £2 for a pack of 2.

Hope this helps someone xx

Don't know which one you meant so here's all 4:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, Less Than 3% Fat, chilled 300g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 3 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, Surprisingly Low Fat, chilled 500g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 6½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, frozen 300g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, frozen 450g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
6½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 6½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Tesco Ravioli in Tomato Sauce, canned 400g can[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 14 Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Wow thanks for all the tips guys! I've copied and pasted them into my SW folder, can't wait to go shopping again, this diet never ceases to amaze me!

Wendy

Back