Syn free snacks

Estrella

Does anyone have some good tips? I'm more a savoury person. I could eat ten packets of crisps a day. Today I'm struggling. I'm trying to keep my syns for the weekend but I really need a wee snack. Any ideas? I've had my hea and b. I'm on green today. Thanks.

Sweet potato chips are my fave at the moment - just slice them into chips cover in frylight and push in the oven until brown or you could the same with BNS. I also keep boiled eggs in the fridge at least half a dozen at a time for when just need something quick.

I'm guessing you peel the Bns & the sweet potato right?

When I want savoury I eat meat like cheap ham and stuff cos that's syn free. Or just a plate of SW chips with beans or peas can cut the craving. Or if you like them just eat a tin of beans :p That's what I do when I'm desperate XD

Yes I think some leave the skins on like when you have wedges (which you can also make) as long as theyre washed. I prefer mine with skin off

Flickie105 said:
When I want savoury I eat meat like cheap ham and stuff cos that's syn free. Or just a plate of SW chips with beans or peas can cut the craving. Or if you like them just eat a tin of beans :p That's what I do when I'm desperate XD

Be careful with the cheap ham as sum of them contain syns. I was eating chicken roll for snacks untill I found out the we're 1 syn PER SLICE!! :-Io

Kale Chips, an acquired taste but fulfil my crisp/salted snack craving.

Tear kale, spray with OO Frylight and sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake in a low temp oven until dehydrated and crispy.

crabsticks, pickled onions (speed) , pickled eggs, pickled gherkins (speed), yum yum x

or how about hummus and veg sticks? blitz a can of chick peas (speed), some FF fromage frais, lemon juice, salt, garlic and enjoy!

sweetcorn i love the stuff i eat that out of the tin 2 lol and the other day ate a tray of cherries putting the shopping away they was so sour they tasted like sweets mmmmm..... need to get more this week :)

Last edited:
I'm a savoury over sweet person too and I either make my own hummus, I love it because you can make so many different flavours! I also now have chickpea dhal curry cakes in my fridge all the time! So easy to make and remind me of onion bhajis!
My favourite low syn snack is popcorn though! Homemade means you can make sweet or savoury! :)

pyxiee said:
I'm a savoury over sweet person too and I either make my own hummus, I love it because you can make so many different flavours! I also now have chickpea dhal curry cakes in my fridge all the time! So easy to make and remind me of onion bhajis!
My favourite low syn snack is popcorn though! Homemade means you can make sweet or savoury! :)

Ooo I love onion bhajis. Would you mind posting the rexipe for the dhal curry cakes please. Yum yum x

What method do you use to make syns free popcorn?

1 pack batchelors savoury rice mild curry - made as directed. Then add 1 tin sweetcorn, 1 x chopped chilli (optional), 1 x tin of ASDA Chickpea Dahl (sainsburys isn't free), 4 eggs. Mix all together then place in a baking tray. I use a silicone mini muffin one. Back for 25-30 mins on 190 :)

Back