Syn free snacks

Popcorn is never syn free, but it can be low syn if you cook it in a pan with no fat.

yep I agree, its low syn not free. and I just put the corns into a pan with frylight, heat and add whatever flavour I fancy!

Sweet potato chips are my fave at the moment - just slice them into chips cover in frylight and push in the oven until brown or you could the same with BNS. I also keep boiled eggs in the fridge at least half a dozen at a time for when just need something quick.

i second the boiled egg thing.

x

Hummous and veg
or 'ham and egg muffins'- cook quartered mushrms and sliced onion in fry light.
whisk 4 eggs, add diced lean ham, salt and pepper and a little bit of milk.
spoon the mush n onion into muffin cases, pour over egg mixture and bake for 25 mins. Great for breakfast at work, or for lunch with beans or salad.

Sweet potato chips are my fave at the moment - just slice them into chips cover in frylight and push in the oven until brown or you could the same with BNS. I also keep boiled eggs in the fridge at least half a dozen at a time for when just need something quick.

Mmm sounds delish! I loved the sweet potato fries from Las Iguanas but they don't do them anymore! I need to start thinking more out the box as I'm sure there's loads of lovely SW food/meals I'm yet to try!

So do u just slice the sweet potato or BNS & put into oven with frylight uncooked? Great idea! X

Hummous and veg
or 'ham and egg muffins'- cook quartered mushrms and sliced onion in fry light.
whisk 4 eggs, add diced lean ham, salt and pepper and a little bit of milk.
spoon the mush n onion into muffin cases, pour over egg mixture and bake for 25 mins. Great for breakfast at work, or for lunch with beans or salad.

Ooh I'll be trying this sounds fab and convienient! Love seeing new things to try! Thanks! X

Ooh I'll be trying this sounds fab and convienient! Love seeing new things to try! Thanks! X

its a similar idea to the quiche which I love. wafer thin ham to line the dish, then whisk eggs with quark and loads of veggies, then bake. Slices really nicely- great to pick at x

Another great idea!
I've done a Pasta n Sauce style Quiche that was nice! I used the Cheese & Broccolli flavour!
X

I love leek and potato fritatta. (Just like a quiche/omelette). I might make some in muffin tins to snack on! :)

oooh would you mind sharing the recipe please? i have a pre packed leek and potato soup kit in the fridge, but frittata sounds nicer than soup.

x

Back