Syn free SW "angel delight"

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi

Just thought Id post this recipe as it has kept my sweet tooth in check, and its quite a summery recipe!!

1 sachet of hartley sugar free jelly (1/2syn for whole packet)
2 muller light yoghurts

I used raspberry jelly, 1 choco sprinkles yog, and a strawberry yog.

Make the jelly up as directed - 1/2pint boiling water - stir in jelly crystals - add 1/2 pint cold water

Add both muller lights before jelly is set and whisk.

Place in fridge whisking every 10mins for the first hour.

Place in a huge bowl/container as the mixture at least doubles in size!

Mine took overnight to set (made mine around 7pm was set by next day)

But is lush with chopped fruit, texture is a bit more like angel delight but super yummy - and use any flavours you fancy!

ooh good idea, i usually just set my yoghurt/jelly mix but whisking it will make a nice change, will try it nest time I have time to spare.

usually I do it just before going to bed and pop it in the fridge overnight

By whisking it it becomes really light and moosy and it doubles in size :) x

I also normally make this and with the yogurt and jelly but never whisk it. I might have to give it a try :)
It is nice if with the jelly and yogurt you use diet coke aswell - gives it a fizzy taste :)

Dunno why but im my house this is called blamonge (sp?!) and just so you know, the hartleys jelly sachets are 1.5syns not 0.5 hun but still worth it! Orange jelly and the orange with chocolate sprinkles is my fave x

yeah mine also tastes a little bit like blamonge (sp) when I make it (although I LOVE it!)

I am definitely going to try whisking it up! Yumyum!

p.s. does anyone know where they have moved the hartley's jelly (sachets) to in asda? I can't find them :( have taken to buying the mini pots (0.5 syns per pot.. incase anyone needed to know :p) x

Just keep whisking it and it'll be yum lol cxx

It was yummy!! Have made it 3 times since and have a little tub of it after my dinner. Also have my mum and brother hooked on it and their not even on slimming world lol :)

Aw great I'm glad you've enjoyed it!! I'm making one tonight :) x

I do a similar one but slightly differnt for when you need it same day :)
Same jelly :) 1 sachet i put a small dribble of hot water in with the jelly and then add just under a pint of cold water, i whisk the yogurt in right away and then put it in the fridge for 45 minutes then whisk it once and then leave it for an hour and its set good and ready to eat :) but its more like blamance milky jelly :)

Hi

Just thought Id post this recipe as it has kept my sweet tooth in check, and its quite a summery recipe!!

1 sachet of hartley sugar free jelly (1/2syn for whole packet)
2 muller light yoghurts

I used raspberry jelly, 1 choco sprinkles yog, and a strawberry yog.

Make the jelly up as directed - 1/2pint boiling water - stir in jelly crystals - add 1/2 pint cold water

Add both muller lights before jelly is set and whisk.

Place in fridge whisking every 10mins for the first hour.

Place in a huge bowl/container as the mixture at least doubles in size!

Mine took overnight to set (made mine around 7pm was set by next day)

But is lush with chopped fruit, texture is a bit more like angel delight but super yummy - and use any flavours you fancy!

Oo but that's handy for a quick one! Sometimes speed is good when the sugar cravings kick in!! Xx

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this recipe. I absolutely luuuuuuuurve Angel delight, in fact i used to mix and eat a whole packet for myself,....naughty naughty!! I cant not wait to try this one.... Going shopping again tomorrow... :) :) :)

i make the blancmange...but the angel delight sounds yummy! amazing how the same ingredients taste different just by giving it a different texture!!

Back