Syn free veggie lunches

Hi,

Does anyone have any inspiration for low-syn or no-syn veggie lunches (preferably off-the-shelf as I am not organised enough to prepare something in advance)? I am trying to eat syn free for breakfast and lunch, saving syns for wine or desert with dinner. This means I am mostly living off a fat free yoghurt for breakfast, fruit to snack on and a jacket potato with cottage cheese for lunch which is getting a bit boring now,

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

The Easy Bean range is FREE, a little bit on the expensive side though.

xx

they are not all free some do have a syn value. it says about it in this months mag on page 79

only mexican chilli and moroccan tagine are free the others are 2 or 4 syns per pot

Ah, I only ever buy the Veg Chilli and Morrocan Tagine so this may explain my generalisation above. Sorry..

Rephrase... Some of the Easy Bean range is FREE.

xx

I usually have 3 ryvitas and spread dairylea light on the top. Not much preparation required really, just using a knife to spread! Otherwise cereal is great to have for lunch, I always keep a box of weetabix at work so on those days I really can't be bothered all I have to do is poor some milk in a bowl!

Fat free super noodles, Batchelor's Pasta n Sauce (only some varieties) or Batchelor's Savoury Rice are all good for Green lunches that are syn free and require minimum effort. In fact, I'm pretty sure they can all be cooked in the microwave if needed.

I often have Ainsley Harriot Cous Cous for lunch at work - all you need is to boil the kettle to make it up.

I tend to stick to the spice sensation flavour, as that is only 1 syn per pack or the morrocan medley is 1 1/2 syns.

Michelle

M&S Count on Us Mild Vegetable Curry is free :)

I get that sometimes if I'm stuck...

And their COU Roasted Vegetable Pasta is only 2 syns.

Also their Veggie sushi is one syn...

I think I'm an M&S shopper lol :D

I also like the tilda or uncle bens rice pouches depending on the variety they are 2-5 syns and can be bulked out with extra veg

I've just bought some of those dolmio pasta vita microwave pots similar to those uncle ben rice pots and on offer in tescos for £1

Roasted garlic + tom are

EE 3.5 R 17 G 3.5

Sweet pepper

3.5 16.5 3.5

Tom +Basil

3 16.5 3

Tom +chilli

3 16.5 3

Why don't you roast some veg the night before and add it to Ainsley harriott couscous and pop it in the fridge. Quick, easy and delicious!!

The Stewed! Chickpea, Sweet Potato & Feta Stew is 1 syn and Gawjus.

i always make up pasta the day before, mix in some veg, tomatoes or whatever you fancy. makes a very filling meal!
Lauren xX

Back