Syn Free Yoghurts?

Toni Echo

Hi all, I'm new here so it's my first time posting a thread, I hope it's in the right place! I started Slimming World in November and it's going well so far, 27lb lost. My saviour has been yoghurt, I love them but I'm sick of muller lights and weight watchers ones now, has anyone come across any good syn free ones I can try out??

Hiya! Welcome to the forums and to Slimming World! Sounds like you've had a fantastic loss so far, huge congrats to you! :)

All fat free natural yogurts (including Greek style) are free on SW. When I get sick of Muller Lights I tend to switch to these as they go really well will fruit, aren't really sweet and you can add various things to them to make them taste better (I don't really like them on their own). Sometimes I like to use a fat free natural Greek style yogurt, mix in a little bit of mixed spice or cinnamon and it goes really nicely with chopped apples and satsumas. If you want to use some syns, a few raisins are really nice with it (3.5 syns for 25g) or you could use your HEB on some other dried fruit or nuts to mix in for a bit of a change or a nice crunch.

We just buy what's on offer, the activia fat free ones are free and nice too.

I also really like quark with frozen fruit and a sprinkle of sweetener or sugar if you want to use a syn.

Hiya! Welcome to the forums and to Slimming World! Sounds like you've had a fantastic loss so far, huge congrats to you! :)

All fat free natural yogurts (including Greek style) are free on SW. When I get sick of Muller Lights I tend to switch to these as they go really well will fruit, aren't really sweet and you can add various things to them to make them taste better (I don't really like them on their own). Sometimes I like to use a fat free natural Greek style yogurt, mix in a little bit of mixed spice or cinnamon and it goes really nicely with chopped apples and satsumas. If you want to use some syns, a few raisins are really nice with it (3.5 syns for 25g) or you could use your HEB on some other dried fruit or nuts to mix in for a bit of a change or a nice crunch.
Wow that all sounds great, thanks for the ideas!

We just buy what's on offer, the activia fat free ones are free and nice too.

I also really like quark with frozen fruit and a sprinkle of sweetener or sugar if you want to use a syn.
I've never tried quark, what's it like? I've always thought it would just taste 'cheesy' ha ha

Quark tastes of nothing as it is...just a slightly claggy/creamy substance (I'm totally selling it, aren't I?! ;) ).

Anyway...it does taste pretty good with sweetener in or sweetener and lemon juice...makes a sweetened cream substitute - great with a meringue nest (around 2.5 syns) and lots of fresh of frozen fruit or just with fruit.

I also use it in my 'Choc Pots' which are:
I use half a pot of Quark, half a pot of fat free fromage frais, 1 mullerlight of your choosing (I like toffee or vanilla with chocolate sprinkles), a shake of sweetener, 2 x Options Hot Choc Sachets (I like the salted caramel ones - 1.5 syns each), some caramel or vanilla essence/extract, a teaspoon of choc shot (0.5 syns). Whisk the living daylights out of it and split it between 4 ramekins. Add a segmented satsuma and the obligatory Malteser, and maybe a shake of cinnamon. Each pot then works out at about 1 syn each (without the Malteser) or 1.5 syns with the Malteser (not optional, in my opinion)
1f603.png
1f603.png

Then I also use quark for my SW quiche as an alternative to cottage cheese.

So that's a tub of quark seasoned with plenty of salt and pepper whisked up with 5 eggs and poured over what ever veg I've got lurking in the fridge and maybe some lean bacon pieces. (Do then in either a big quiche dish or silicon muffin cases - never use paper ones, as it sticks like Billy-o to them!).

Anyway....back to the free yoghurt question. I like Lidls Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurts - Packs of 4 in either Lemon or Strawberry or Coconut and Vanilla. They cost 99p usually. They are super thick and creamy! :)

I've never tried quark, what's it like? I've always thought it would just taste 'cheesy' ha ha

It's not really cheesey. It's kind of like a more bland version of philadelphia cheese. It's not something I would eat plain on it's own. But it works well with fruit and something to sweeten it. It's also a thicker/creamier consistency than most fat free yogurts. It's also a great option for sp days if you do them.

I also use it sometimes as a savoury spread on crackers instead of philly. With some salt, pepper or other seasoning it also works in savoury things.

Back