Syn/survival basket

*Emsie*

Gold Member
Don't know if this idea has been shared before but at group tonight our c shared the idea with us. Of buying a basket (or other suitable container) in which you could put your weekly treats within syn allowance.
So if you have 70/105 or whatever but also taking away any syns for sauces/food/meals out etc that you couldn't fit in the basket.
It seemed quite a positive way of doing things as it focuses towards what you can have rather than what you can't and you could have whatever was in the basket knowing that you were within your weekly syns (as long as you allowed for what ever syns you had that weren't in the basket of course!)
Thought I would share as it may help somebody!? I am going to think of a way to adapt it to suit myself. On the way home from group I didn't buy a basket but did buy a couple of things that could go in it though ;)
Also thought it could work for kids/anyone really. My one son is terrible if he knows stuff is in the house he keeps asking and asking but if I could do this in a way to suit him he would develop some sort of control......maybe?! without me having to hide stuff from him as he would know when it was gone it was gone!

I have a syn tin - it has goodies in all 5 syns or below I usually top it up once a month. I do have to use some self restraint tho. Although OH helps out by eating most of it as it's the only junk we have in now lol

Back