Syn/survival basket

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by *Emsie*, 2 August 2011 Social URL.

1. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Don't know if this idea has been shared before but at group tonight our c shared the idea with us. Of buying a basket (or other suitable container) in which you could put your weekly treats within syn allowance.
    So if you have 70/105 or whatever but also taking away any syns for sauces/food/meals out etc that you couldn't fit in the basket.
    It seemed quite a positive way of doing things as it focuses towards what you can have rather than what you can't and you could have whatever was in the basket knowing that you were within your weekly syns (as long as you allowed for what ever syns you had that weren't in the basket of course!)
    Thought I would share as it may help somebody!? I am going to think of a way to adapt it to suit myself. On the way home from group I didn't buy a basket but did buy a couple of things that could go in it though ;)
    Also thought it could work for kids/anyone really. My one son is terrible if he knows stuff is in the house he keeps asking and asking but if I could do this in a way to suit him he would develop some sort of control......maybe?! without me having to hide stuff from him as he would know when it was gone it was gone!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My basket would have 2 of those catering pots of jam/marmalade and a bottle of vodka :D

4. TRICKYTREE

TRICKYTREE Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OOOOOh I like Magnum white chocolate.....maybe not a good idea for me...haha x

5. munchie11

munchie11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's such a good idea, I might try that this week.

6. jennyc_uk

jennyc_uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a syn tin - it has goodies in all 5 syns or below I usually top it up once a month. I do have to use some self restraint tho. Although OH helps out by eating most of it as it's the only junk we have in now lol

7. sheepy19

sheepy19 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a good idea! I'm going to try it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.