Syn Tin?

I've bought a box of 16 flakes for ice cream.... 2.5 syns each. Had two and wrapped the others individually and put them into the freezer :) will see how I get on in the willpower dept!

ive put a big sticker on biscuit tin saying 'kids treats' and a sticker on my treat tin saying 'mums treats' that way we all know the boundary thats not to be crossed!!!!!!!

ive put stickers on all my treats in treat tin, plus stickers on cup a soups, ryvita packet, etc etc. then when i take something from the cupboard i peel off the sticker and put it in my notebook which helps me keep track of my syns throughout the day. great when youre grabbing last minute things for packed lunches.

Loving it! Such a fab idea! I may just have to make mine this week! xx

Do you know, now that I've had a syn tin for 6 weeks, I'm not really much interested in eating what's in it? This last couple of weeks I've been reaching for it less and less. I know I can have a treat, I know I probably should, but then I think, ach, I'll have one later. And then forget. Forget!

How amazing, considering I used to INHALE big bags of M&M's in minutes. It's got me all perplexed....

Pootler said:
Do you know, now that I've had a syn tin for 6 weeks, I'm not really much interested in eating what's in it? This last couple of weeks I've been reaching for it less and less. I know I can have a treat, I know I probably should, but then I think, ach, I'll have one later. And then forget. Forget!

How amazing, considering I used to INHALE big bags of M&M's in minutes. It's got me all perplexed....

Ha ha ha that did make me laugh. I was just feeling pleased with myself for having only one caramel bunny and putting the other back in the cupboard. Unheard of for me. Like jaylou and Pootler have said, I have always been the sort to hoover up whatever is available, much to my son's dismay. When I started SW, 4 weeks back, I bought a special box for him to put all his goodies in. Sweets, nuts, cereal bars, choc left over from Xmas etc. He loves it. But this thread has got me thinking that perhaps now is the time for me to go the same. At the mo I'd have:
Special k chocolate mini breaks
Alpen lights
Cadburys caramel bunnies
Ummm.... lol. I'm sure I'll think of more. But I keep running out st the mo, so would be nice to have a special place for me. :)

Ha ha ha that did make me laugh. I was just feeling pleased with myself for having only one caramel bunny and putting the other back in the cupboard. Unheard of for me. Like jaylou and Pootler have said, I have always been the sort to hoover up whatever is available, much to my son's dismay. When I started SW, 4 weeks back, I bought a special box for him to put all his goodies in. Sweets, nuts, cereal bars, choc left over from Xmas etc. He loves it. But this thread has got me thinking that perhaps now is the time for me to go the same. At the mo I'd have:
Special k chocolate mini breaks
Alpen lights
Cadburys caramel bunnies
Ummm.... lol. I'm sure I'll think of more. But I keep running out st the mo, so would be nice to have a special place for me. :)
yes yes do it, its brill works for me. and the kids know they dont touch mine, and i have to say, i dont even want to look in theirs.

Im dribbling at the sight of the syn tin !!! Im not sure I could manage to choose what to have.!! XXX

I would eat them all!

Sorry for the late reply, I weighed in Thursday night, I used 40 syns in my syn tin for the week and still had around 5 to 7 syns each day on top and managed to loose 2ib!!!

Really pleased. I am trying it again this week and see how it goes but so far so good for me. x

tara40 said:
hubby in tescos but cannot find the ice cream flakes. whereabouts are theyx

Erm... I think they were near the rice pudding, jelly, custard type things in sainsburys. I was quite excited to find them that I didn't take much notice which aisle I was in!

I discovered mini jammy dodgers - you get 4 teeny ones in an individual pack, 88 calories in each pack. They are on offer just now in Tesco - £1.20 for a bag BOGOF

Well. Since doing my syn tin - which I have loved by the way - I have now become addicted to bloody Alpen Light bars!!!!! But at least I have them and I know what syns they are - so always within the 15 syn limit. I'm sure my syn tin is just encouraging me though. Maybe I need to instill a new - drink a small glass of water first rule to see if the hankering dissipates....

Back