Synning help

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by dropitlikeitshot, 17 February 2010 Social URL.

1. dropitlikeitshot

dropitlikeitshot Full Member

Hi! I went for a meal out with some friends this evening. I had a tuna steak and salad with balsamic vinegar. I'm using a healthy b choice of olive oil for it. As for dessert, I am unsure how to syn it...we shared a baked cheesecake and choc cake with vanilla ice cream. I had about 5 bites of the cheesecake and 3 of the ice cream (no cake). Do you think 10 would cover it? Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What's been eaten has been eaten so the syn values are somewhat insignificant. Start afresh in the morning. If you know you are going out it is sometimes worth having a peak at the menu and deciding in advance how many syns you will need to cover that meal. you may need 20 or you may need 50. You continue counting until you have used that syn quotient and then stop. This is known as flexi syns and can be used for special occasions x

4. dropitlikeitshot

dropitlikeitshot Full Member

Thanks for your reply. I dont think I made bad choices. I syn weekly rather than daily so I dont mind cutting back over the next few weeks if necessary.

5. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    We went for an Indian Sunday for Valentines and we just saved syns leading up to it and cut back on syns after it, and managed to lose. We made some sensible choices like sharing starters and having diet cokes, but that was about it lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.