Syns calculator help please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HellieCopter, 7 January 2010 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    *sigh* I am confused :eek:

I have just had a 'rainbow salad' from Sainsbury's for my lunch. Very tasty (although not really 'snow' food lol!)

When I tried inputting it into the syns calculator it gave me wildly different values. Using the NV per 100g I got a syn value of 3 for the 215g pack. Using the per-pack NV figures, it came out at syns. Clearly I'd rather take the 3!

What also confuses me is that it has more free food content than I can enter on the calculator. It contains cous cous, lentils, chickpeas, edamame beans, red and yellow pepper, spring onion, spinach and rocket. All free, right? The syns would come from the sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and the small tub of dressing.

I just don't know how to syn for the best! I want to be as accurate as possible this week and follow the plan to the letter. Maybe I can't have anything like this if I'm doing that! LOL!

Any suggestions on what syns I should allow?

Thanks peeps.

H x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Does it give the percentage of the pot per ingredient? Like 5% seeds, then you could work out the weight of the seeds and syn them.
    Same for the dressing?
    I've looked in the food directory and it's not listed. Hmm!
    Could you ring the syns hotline?

4. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.5lb(20.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i hate things that are so much effort to syn lol!

if its just a couple seeds and a splodge of dressing lets hope its low lol!

X

5. kissme

kissme Gold Member

personally i would take the higher amount, even though i probs wouldn't want to.

Just to cover

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.