syns daily or weekly?

My consultant said we can use our syns weekly, but I was getting quite slow losses doing it this way so have changed to daily........ So out of curiosity do you use yours weekly or daily and do you think it makes a difference?

It works for some to have them weekly, for some daily. Our consultant insists on daily so it stops binging, but I am an advocate for whatever works for you is the way to go.
Like everything is SW, some things work better for some than others.
I tend to do mine daily but if I have not used all my syns through the week and I have extra on the odd day, I don't feel that I have over indulged and it works for me!

I use mine weekly. I always have a lot after Wi, and the rest on Saturday and Sunday

I have mine daily as I look forward to the little things in the evenings. I think I wouldnt be quite as honest with myself if I splurdged at the weekend and would probably have a lot more than I was supposed to!

Many moons ago (back when tinned macaroni cheese was free) we were told we could save our syns up for the weekend. Now I am told to use them daily. However if I know I have a "weekend" coming up I will cut back to 5 or less daily and use more at the weekends.

I think its a case of trial and error to see what works for you.

x

i count my weekly but i dont binge, it just helps, say if i want a takeaway korma for 16.5 syns, then i take it off my weekly total without worrying, i dont starve the rest of the week though, i normally always use about 10

I use about 5-10 a day and then bank some syns for a splash out on a weekend (usually booze!) or unexpected dinner/take away where it is quite hard to count. Seems to be working fine for me at the mo but I think if I start to plateau then I will count daily as that way its that and no more. maybe weekly means you can be a bit cheeky with your calculations (or I certianly would be!)

If working to weekly syns I think you need to be aware of when you weigh in is. A weekend binge before a monday weigh-in may not be the best idea. I think you also need to be confident that you are strong enough to get back on plan after a syn splurge and not everyone is.

I go out most weekends so always save my syns up, usually have no more than 5 a day then save the rest..worked for me so far :)

I tend to use mine daily, but if I have a special occasion I'll revert to a weekly total - use most of them for the special meal, and balance it out the rest of the week.

Curiously I noticed that on the occasions I've done this, I seem to have a bigger than usual loss at the next weigh-in. I think maybe it's good to just change it up now and again.

Back