• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

syns daily or weekly?

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
S: 11st8lb C: 10st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 25.9 Loss: 1st2lb(9.88%)
It works for some to have them weekly, for some daily. Our consultant insists on daily so it stops binging, but I am an advocate for whatever works for you is the way to go.
Like everything is SW, some things work better for some than others.
I tend to do mine daily but if I have not used all my syns through the week and I have extra on the odd day, I don't feel that I have over indulged and it works for me!

S: 14st4lb C: 12st1lb G: 8st5lb BMI: 33 Loss: 2st3lb(15.5%)
I have mine daily, if i did it weekly id loose all control and the plan would be lost under a mountain of kettle chips.

S: 16st6lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 7st0lb(42.61%)
I use mine weekly. I always have a lot after Wi, and the rest on Saturday and Sunday

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
I have mine daily as I look forward to the little things in the evenings. I think I wouldnt be quite as honest with myself if I splurdged at the weekend and would probably have a lot more than I was supposed to!

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
Many moons ago (back when tinned macaroni cheese was free) we were told we could save our syns up for the weekend. Now I am told to use them daily. However if I know I have a "weekend" coming up I will cut back to 5 or less daily and use more at the weekends.

I think its a case of trial and error to see what works for you.

x

smoomoo

Silver Member
S: 10st11lb C: 8st3lb G: 7st7lb Loss: 2st8lb(23.84%)
i count my weekly but i dont binge, it just helps, say if i want a takeaway korma for 16.5 syns, then i take it off my weekly total without worrying, i dont starve the rest of the week though, i normally always use about 10

NIKI

S: 13st6lb C: 12st0lb G: 9st8lb Loss: 1st6lb(10.64%)
I use about 5-10 a day and then bank some syns for a splash out on a weekend (usually booze!) or unexpected dinner/take away where it is quite hard to count. Seems to be working fine for me at the mo but I think if I start to plateau then I will count daily as that way its that and no more. maybe weekly means you can be a bit cheeky with your calculations (or I certianly would be!)

S: 18st12lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 34.1 Loss: 2st5lb(12.5%)
I use mine daily - if I did them weekly I would eat loads on the weekend and then not be able to get back on plan but I think its what's best for you.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
If working to weekly syns I think you need to be aware of when you weigh in is. A weekend binge before a monday weigh-in may not be the best idea. I think you also need to be confident that you are strong enough to get back on plan after a syn splurge and not everyone is.

Lindyxx

S: 14st7lb C: 14st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I go out most weekends so always save my syns up, usually have no more than 5 a day then save the rest..worked for me so far :)

elizabeth

Silver Member
S: 19st1lb C: 8st11lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 21.8 Loss: 10st4lb(53.93%)
I tend to use mine daily, but if I have a special occasion I'll revert to a weekly total - use most of them for the special meal, and balance it out the rest of the week.

Curiously I noticed that on the occasions I've done this, I seem to have a bigger than usual loss at the next weigh-in. I think maybe it's good to just change it up now and again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 9
Slimming World 13
Slimming World 14
Syn Values 3
Slimming World 10