Syns - Daily or Weekly?

Trijian

I'm trying to figure out the best way to work Syns. My impression was that it was supposed to be a daily thing, with 5-15, but at meeting tonight, someone was talking about how they have items totalling 70 Syns a week put aside.

Is it wise to save them all up, or is it best to spread them out? Or is it really a matter of personal preference?

I think officially SW don't condone the weekly approach but plenty do it, myself included, with success. I find I can manage my social life much better when I can have 30 syns on a Sat night, or more than 15 if I have dinner out in the week. It balances out with the days where I have very few syns. So really it's up to you- good luck!

Most of the time I have my 15 a day, but if I know I have a night out coming up then I will save them for that night.

Many moons ago when I did SW, they used to say you can save you syns , when I asked why they don't tell you that any more,I was told by a member that they can't be seen to condone binge drinking, as that is what many people save them up for.

I also use my syns at the weekend: drink alcohol without counting (ashamed to admit it!) have a little chocolate and a meal out (try to be sensible tho e.g. get pasta with tomoato sauce but will allow a piece or two of garlic bread) I then have no syns during the week at all and as you can see weight loss has worked up to week 6! (Week 7 won't be good tho due to TOTM and been at a wedding Saturday!)

I know that I will have to be more strict as dieting goes on but at present its working. hope that helps x
Hope that helps

I usually do mine weekly - with a mini rule to ensure i have at least 5 per day.

Whatever suits you best xxx

That makes sense - drinking a bottle of rose wine in one night is binge drinking (my GP took great delight in pointing that out!) so I guess they can't condone me saving 30 Syns for my guilty pleasure :D

The SW website says that it's fine to save them up if you want to providing that you don't feel deprived on the days that you have less syns.
I always have mine weekly and use most at the weekends - not for alcohol, because I don't drink, but I have more foods with sauces and extra snacks at the weekends.

i use mine daily but on 2 or 3 occasions where ive used loads on one day then i did readjust my daily ones to make sure i was still in my weekly total.

I use mine daily.. and its a case of "use em or lose em" - I can use my 15 if I want to, but its very rare that I need/want that many... For me, the using of them weekly wouldn't have stopped my tendancy to "feast or famine":eek: ... as things stand SW is the first ever diet/lifestyle change where I don't lunge from overeating to eating as little as possible to try and claw it back :happy036:

I use mine daily.. and its a case of "use em or lose em" - I can use my 15 if I want to, but its very rare that I need/want that many... For me, the using of them weekly wouldn't have stopped my tendancy to "feast or famine":eek: ... as things stand SW is the first ever diet/lifestyle change where I don't lunge from overeating to eating as little as possible to try and claw it back :happy036:

I'm new to all this, but thats exactly how i'm doing it.
I might have to save some in a few weeks time as it's hubbys and my sons birthday but i've already told hubby we can't go out for a meal until after i've had WI:D

Back