Syns for an average chocolate brownie and an average fruit flapjack?

rebeccauk

Hi Everyone
I’m back on slimming world after a bit of a break. Going back to class on Thursday hopefully if funds will allow. In the meantime I’ve been following the plan again just to refresh myself on how it works.

I’ve been doing mainly green days but this time around I’m determined to use my syns in a balanced way throughout the week as the last time I followed the plan I used to stay syn free Mon-Fri and then have a binge on the weekend which just did my weightloss no good and I didn’t keep a track of the syns!!!

So, yesterday I treated myself to a chocolate brownie and today a piece of fruit flapjack. They were both home-baked from the canteen here at work so don’t have any branding or information on the calories etc…

Would anyone be able to search for the syns on an average brownie and flapjack just so I can have an idea of the syns. I would say that the size of them was approx 3x the size of those mini-bites cakes you can get from the supermarket bakery

Any syns advice gratefully received! Thanks!
Rebecca

I'm afraid I can't help in giving an accurate number but I remember my old C saying that the "average" flapjack (medium sized I presume) was a whopping 30 syns!

I would have a look at the Starbucks and Costa website for the nearest equivalent - they have nutritional info on their sites and you can use 1 syn for every 20 calories to work it out. But I have to say both are likely to have taken you over your daily syn allowance - flapjacks in particular are very high in syns. There is a recipe on here for HEB flapjacks if you like that sort of thing - really tasty and you can either use them for a HEB or syn them. Better than eating something with no idea of the syn value.

Back