Syns & Free foods Question

Elliemaxmia

Hello all, Im returning to slimming world im doing it alone without the meeting weighing myself at boots once a week, as i no longer have access to the sw web page syn calculator and tracker etc is there another resourse online that is good for checking syns ect? or recommend a up to date book to buy?

I've bought the 2012 food directory but got it in class - not sure where else you could get it from? Other best place is the Syn forum here! X

there always a few SW books available to buy on ebay x

I'd advise at least one good recipe book, just to give you some ideas, because trust me, whilst there are loads of options of Slimming World, that can sometimes make things more difficult to choose from, and there's always a good idea you'll miss!

I'd go with one of the extra easy meal books, or the new one-pot book - haven't had anything bad from that yet, and they're always available on ebay or amazon.

Failing that of course, there's the recipe section here!

To be honest I don't think you need anything else other than this forum. Yes you could buy a syn directory on ebay but it would be well out of date and you will likely have to pay over the odds for it. If you want to know the syn value of any food that does not have a free food in the main ingredients then you can use the 1 syn for every 20 calories rule. Failing that a quick search on the syn values forum here or just googling will usually give you the answer. Anything you can't already find you can ask for here and someone will usually help out.

As for recipe books there really isn't any need for a SW specific recipe book as there are so many free resources available online. If you want SW recipes then there is a huge forum here, the SW magazine, there is a great blog called www.slimmingeats.com and other SW resources on facebook. Beyond that a lot of 'normal' recipes can very easily be adapted to be SW friendly if they are not already. So check out recipe books and online recipe websites. My favourite is www.bbcgoodfood.com. A lot of WW recipes are also SW friendly so that is another place to try.

Back