syns help please

Dietingdon

Silver Member
I have a 200gm tin of Princes reformed ham, syns online say 5 syns for the tin, the syns calsulator says 8.5 syns per tin, but the directory says 2 syns for 200grms. Please help.

Hi hun, not sure i've not had that in a long time. There is a few people lurking about the syns thread up top, maybe someone there will know xx

The calculator should be used as a last resort as it's not always 100% accurate. How old is your directory? Syns online is the most updated version but there is always room for error. When in doubt err on the side of caution so I'd go for the 5 Syns

Hi Donna

My new (never been looked at) 2009 food directory says

Princes Reformed Ham, round, canned, per 100g is 2.5 or 8.

Hope that helps hun

Not sure if I was too late, but at least you know the SW website was right!!

It is mad that there are so many differences but I suppose we should be grateful they are continually updating and making the diet better each year hey!

It is important to have the up to date literature or to check on the site as a lot can change from one year to the next. Ingredients/recipes can be changed and research can also cause them to alter the Syn values

Isn't it great how on the ball sw are with updating things. Lol a woman in my work is using a book from the ninties, and a book called in the can from a time when the mac cheese was free. I told her that it has all changed now and that they are no longer free, however her reply was that it worked then so it will work now:eek::eek::eek:

I can understand why people say that but the fact is, manufacturers change the products so those products technically no longer exist

Exactly and i think the mac and cheese from heinz which used to be free is now something like 9 syns

I remember when Macaroni cheese was free,so was corned beef and the tinned Spag bol and raviolli too!
However Banana's, peas and sweetcorn were Syns,a lot has changed over the years!

Back