1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Syns in a Costa skinny hazelnut latte - have I done this right?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by skinnycowtobe, 31 January 2014 Social URL.

1. skinnycowtobe

skinnycowtobe Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Bit of help needed if possible please! I've been craving a hazelnut latte all week but resisted, however this morning after weigh in I treated myself. Been trying to find out the syns online and read all different things so decided to just apply the rule of every 20 calories = 1 syn. Their website says it's 163 calories so I work that out to be just over 8 syns. (eeek). Is that right? Plus 1 syn for my sugar, oops! Does anyone know though, can I class the milk as my HEXa? As I haven't had that yet today! Would save myself some syns then too!

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

8 Syns would be about right. I don't know if you can count it as your HExA as you don't know how much milk they used.

FYI, Cafe Nero do a regular cappuccino with skimmed milk for 1.5 Syns. Sugar free syrup is Syn free. That's always my choice :)

4. lardylady

lardylady Well-Known Member

I'm going to give that a try!!

Who is that lovely little dog in your sig? He's my idea of a perfect pooch!!

5. Princess_Stevie

He's my cousins dog, a little Jack Russel. He's called Quinn (named after Sunderland legend, Niall Quinn) and he is a cheeky chappy! :)

6. michelle2014

michelle2014 New Member

While were on the topic of costa, does anyone know how many syns are in their hot spiced apple? A small one? I love costa and need some low syn options! X

7. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

I asked my consultant and there is an article on sw online. You can take 6 syns off for your hea.

8. Princess_Stevie

I don't understand how you can though - how do you know they used enough milk in it to be classed as a healthy extra / 6 Syns? It always confuses me.

9. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

Mine is not to reason just to do as told! I do it and lose weight so I shall continue as I have checked twice now.

10. Stitchy

Stitchy Well-Known Member

Because you can work out how many calories are in the syrup if you compare the calories in a plain latte and syn those , and any remaining calories are in the milk?