1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Syns in a Costa skinny hazelnut latte - have I done this right?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by skinnycowtobe, 31 January 2014 Social URL.

1. skinnycowtobe

skinnycowtobe Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Hi all,

Bit of help needed if possible please! I've been craving a hazelnut latte all week but resisted, however this morning after weigh in I treated myself. Been trying to find out the syns online and read all different things so decided to just apply the rule of every 20 calories = 1 syn. Their website says it's 163 calories so I work that out to be just over 8 syns. (eeek). Is that right? Plus 1 syn for my sugar, oops! Does anyone know though, can I class the milk as my HEXa? As I haven't had that yet today! Would save myself some syns then too!

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    8 Syns would be about right. I don't know if you can count it as your HExA as you don't know how much milk they used.

FYI, Cafe Nero do a regular cappuccino with skimmed milk for 1.5 Syns. Sugar free syrup is Syn free. That's always my choice :)

4. lardylady

lardylady Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st10lb(46.21%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World: Green Days
    I'm going to give that a try!!

Who is that lovely little dog in your sig? He's my idea of a perfect pooch!!

5. Princess_Stevie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    He's my cousins dog, a little Jack Russel. He's called Quinn (named after Sunderland legend, Niall Quinn) and he is a cheeky chappy! :)

6. michelle2014

michelle2014 New Member

While were on the topic of costa, does anyone know how many syns are in their hot spiced apple? A small one? I love costa and need some low syn options! X

7. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.5lb(31.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I asked my consultant and there is an article on sw online. You can take 6 syns off for your hea.

8. Princess_Stevie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    I don't understand how you can though - how do you know they used enough milk in it to be classed as a healthy extra / 6 Syns? It always confuses me.

9. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.5lb(31.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Mine is not to reason just to do as told! I do it and lose weight so I shall continue as I have checked twice now.

10. Stitchy

Stitchy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.58%)
    Diet:
    SW (green days)
    Because you can work out how many calories are in the syrup if you compare the calories in a plain latte and syn those , and any remaining calories are in the milk?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.