Syns in a Costa skinny hazelnut latte - have I done this right?

skinnycowtobe

Hi all,

Bit of help needed if possible please! I've been craving a hazelnut latte all week but resisted, however this morning after weigh in I treated myself. Been trying to find out the syns online and read all different things so decided to just apply the rule of every 20 calories = 1 syn. Their website says it's 163 calories so I work that out to be just over 8 syns. (eeek). Is that right? Plus 1 syn for my sugar, oops! Does anyone know though, can I class the milk as my HEXa? As I haven't had that yet today! Would save myself some syns then too!

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

8 Syns would be about right. I don't know if you can count it as your HExA as you don't know how much milk they used.

FYI, Cafe Nero do a regular cappuccino with skimmed milk for 1.5 Syns. Sugar free syrup is Syn free. That's always my choice :)

8 Syns would be about right. I don't know if you can count it as your HExA as you don't know how much milk they used.

FYI, Cafe Nero do a regular cappuccino with skimmed milk for 1.5 Syns. Sugar free syrup is Syn free. That's always my choice :)

I'm going to give that a try!!

Who is that lovely little dog in your sig? He's my idea of a perfect pooch!!

I'm going to give that a try!!

Who is that lovely little dog in your sig? He's my idea of a perfect pooch!!

He's my cousins dog, a little Jack Russel. He's called Quinn (named after Sunderland legend, Niall Quinn) and he is a cheeky chappy! :)

While were on the topic of costa, does anyone know how many syns are in their hot spiced apple? A small one? I love costa and need some low syn options! X

I asked my consultant and there is an article on sw online. You can take 6 syns off for your hea.

I asked my consultant and there is an article on sw online. You can take 6 syns off for your hea.

I don't understand how you can though - how do you know they used enough milk in it to be classed as a healthy extra / 6 Syns? It always confuses me.

Mine is not to reason just to do as told! I do it and lose weight so I shall continue as I have checked twice now.

Because you can work out how many calories are in the syrup if you compare the calories in a plain latte and syn those , and any remaining calories are in the milk?

Back