Syns in a tablespoon of Fry light

BigChief

I have just got an actifry and it required a spoonful of oil to crisp up the chips. Currently we are using regular oil as our cook doesnt think a few syns of regular oil will matter :p Im just wondering if it would be better to use a spoonful of fry light over a spoonful of real oil.

Cheers,
JP

I've been using Frylight in mine, works great. I don't bother to syn it as I use so much when I spray it anyway. You can work out the syns by using the 1 syn per 20 calorie rule.

I've been using Frylight in mine, works great. I don't bother to syn it as I use so much when I spray it anyway. You can work out the syns by using the 1 syn per 20 calorie rule.

and its 1 cal per spray so 1 syn would be 20 sprays (loads eh!)

personally would use and enjoy x

We got an acti-fry about a week ago and use fry light. Don't no about anyone else but I find if you make the chips abit thicker so they take a little longer to make they go browner. I spray fry light about 5 times into the pan, then add chips and spray 3-4 times. Cook for 15 mins and then spray a couple more times, put on for another 15 minutes and then another couple of sprays n then about 5-10 mins and they will be cooked. Found if we didn't cut them thick they weren't very nice!

Hope this helps as they are lovely and a nice change from boiled potatoes. Have also been warned to be careful that fry light isn't sprayed into the fan at the back of the acti-fry as eventually this can cause the machine to blow up!

Becca xx

I use Flora Cuisine Oil in my Actifry - 1 tsp (1.5syns) per LARGE portion of chips - extra flavour and crispiness well worth the syns.

Samus xxx

It says here that 100ml is 522kcal, so a tablespoon (15ml) would be 78kcal so 4 syns.

If youre spending that much you might as well use a nice tasty oil, I only use Fry Light if its literally for a few sprays otherwise its good old extra virgin as part of/a HEX :)

Thanks to everyone for the help :) Especially ermintrude you seem to answer all my threads :)

A consultant told me that you don't have to syn it if you pour it & that if it's free it's free. Don't believe her though!

Last edited:
A consultant told me that you don't have to syn it if you pour it & that if it's free it's free. Don't believe her though!

A consultant? Of what, magicology? Bet she thinks moons are made of cheese and eating a whole one is Superspeed too... :D

A consultant? Of what, magicology? Bet she thinks moons are made of cheese and eating a whole one is Superspeed too... :D

A superspeed moon made of cheese sounds good to me :D

Honestly she said that if something was free then it didn't matter how much you had.

A superspeed moon made of cheese sounds good to me :D

Honestly she said that if something was free then it didn't matter how much you had.

Well I suppose thats true in general, but I reckon using Fry Light by *pouring it out of the bottle* counts as "using something in the way it isn't intended" :D

Last edited:

I damn near spat my tea out!

Back