Syns in SW recipe

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hiya

I was just reading the SW recipe for chilli con carne and it says 3 syns on original, 2 on green.. but it's free on extra easy?? Am I being daft or has the "choose the lower syn value" rule for EE gone now? I'm confused! :confused:

Thanks!

i was going to ask this the other day, how syns work out, cause surely some of the green recipes, the syns are for meat, so then the EE should be lower in syns... i hope that makes sense!!!!

Looking at that particular receipe it can't be free as it includes tomato puree! Synned on both plans!

I've asked my SWC to explain - I'll let you know if there's a reply!

I think the tomato puree counts as no syns because it's 1tbsp of it between 4 people, so it's like 1/4 of a syn... I synned it as 1 syn though as me and my bf ate it all between us and we had 1tbsp of puree and 1tbsp of BBQ sauce in it. I'm just confused cos I would usually go for the lower syn value on EE, which is 2, but SW website is saying it's free on EE.

I think the penny just dropped!!!!! I feel a bit silly now lol. I think it's free because kidney beans are free on green and mince is free on original, but if you were following either of those plans you'd have to syn one of them.... eeek. Ignore me:eek:

Well I thought that too - but the rule is the lower value. So in other words it applies sometimes and not others!

Back