Syns - Newbie not really getting it

it actually says in the most recent advice on the sw website that yes it is absolutely okay to save your syns if you want to

Check out the myths and misconceptions article :)

Oh, sorry. I hadn't seen that. I was just going off this:

Q: Can I save up my Syns for the weekend?
A: You may find that saving Syns is counter-productive in the long run. A great alternative is Flexible Syns – using your Syns as normal throughout the week and increasing your Syn allowance for a night out or a special occasion. Flexible Syns put you in control of your weight loss campaign by empowering you to accept that the occasional over-indulgence is ok and that it doesn't mean that you've failed and that you should give up completelty. You will find out more about the power of Flexible Syns at your Slimming World group or as an Online member within the members' area of the website.

I have never been able to save up syns, so go by the same advice as princess stevie, but tbh, if saving them works for you, go ahead!

Its also worth noting that you don't need to use your syns on naughty food. You could cook with olive oil (6 syns a tablespoon) or have avacado or nuts. All healthy oils but fairly synful on SW. You could also use it for a bit more cheese, or an extra slice of bread & a million other things that aren't chocolate!

I use most of my syns within my cooking - I never have crisps or chocolate ( unless I am having a very naughty day ) but use them on olive oil, mayo, gravy etc etc. x

Back