Syns online calculation - help please!

fit4hols

Silver Member
Hi guys

Can someone help me please! I really want to know just how bad these two items are - can someone help me out by running the nutrition data through syns online? Please?!

Nature Valley Oats n Honey - they've got quite a bit of fibre in them so I'm hoping I can use them for a healthy extra and syn the rest?
Serving size 42g
Calories 190
Fat 6g
Carbohydrate 29g
Fibre 2g
Protein 4g

Soupy rice noodles (local product) - I guess the rice noodles mean that I can count noodles as a free food allowance?
Serving size 29g
Calories 99
Fat 4.2g
Carbohydrate 12g
Fibre 1.2g
Protein 2.7g

Anyone able to help?:)

The cereal can be worked out using 1 syn for every 20 calories. Sorry I can't help with the noodles but I'm sure someone else will be able to soon.

The cereal can be worked out using 1 syn for every 20 calories. Sorry I can't help with the noodles but I'm sure someone else will be able to soon.

Thanks, I knew about the quick conversion for snacks, which would also make the noodles 5 syns, but wondered if there was someone out there who had access to run it through the advanced search by putting in all the nutrition data - I know that that can bring some snacks down in syns because they count the fibre balance...

Thanks for your help:)

The amount of fibre in a product does not affect the syn value - for things with no free food allowance, like the cereal as well as snacks, they use the 1 syn for every 20 calories rule. That is the way they work it out on the website as well.

The noodles will have a free food allowance so you can't use that calculation and someone will need to work it out for you.

Thanks very much for explaining it - really appreciate it, but disappointed - I like them so much but at 9 syns...!:cry:

The soupy noodle thing is:

2½ Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy
2½ Syns per package/portion on Green
5 Syns per package/portion on Original

Thank you!!! Soupy noodles - yay!
So many congratulations for getting to your goal weight, and so steadily too - I'm going to read your posts to see if I can get some hints!

No probs. :) & Thanks

Back