Syns per day?

vowles

How many do you have?

because i havnt got that much to loose im only having about 4-6 syns a day but i am struggling atm with just that :(

Mine vary between 1 or 2 to the full 15 (or a few more if I've saved them). You might do well giving your body the full treat at the mo, then reducing week by week rather than starting off low.

Im scared if i up the syns to 15 a day ill put on weight or sts :(

Syns are there to be eaten! So eat them! :D

I'm having no more than 10, that's what the consultant suggested, so i'm sticking with it at least for now :D

There is nothing in the rules to state that the less you have to lose, the fewer syns you are allowed.
Everyone has 5-15 syns a day.
You should only reduce them when you are struggling or want a boost. If you start off with 4-6 syns then what can you cut down on as you get to that last couple of pounds and the going gets tough?

I have at least 10 a day. Always did and never ever went below 5 as SW say you shouldn't.

and don't be scared of putting on weight
6 syn = approx 120 cals
15 syns = approx 300 cals

You need an extra 3500 cals on top of the 2000 your body needs to maintain (not lose) so that extra 9-11 syns (180 cals) a day is going to take a long time to make you gain.

I generally have 15 syns a day. Some days a little more, some a little less but it evens out.
I only have 5 pounds to get to my target and my weight loss has not slowed down, in fact it has speeded up for me, which is very odd!
It took me 4 months to lose my first stone, and yet I have lost half a stone in the last month!
I think that we are all different and your body will tell you what is right for you.
Jaylou is right it will take a lot of extra syns to make you actually put on.

I allow myself 10 syns a day but I count them weekly, so it's 70 a week.
I think it's alright to go down to 5 syns a day if you are struggling to lose weight because it's an allowance, not a target.
Personally, if I had to, I would cut my syns down a bit rather than cut back on free foods.
I think it's good to see how it goes with your syns and then decide.

im aiming for 10, so i have a little wiggle room if i dont count quite right, but if i want the full 15 i'll have them, coz thems the rooles

I started off on 10 as that is always the consultants starting point. but then when I was struggling to lose weight she said eat the 15 syns and I have to say it speeded up my weight loss.

I generally have 15 syns a day. Some days a little more, some a little less but it evens out.
I only have 5 pounds to get to my target and my weight loss has not slowed down, in fact it has speeded up for me, which is very odd!
It took me 4 months to lose my first stone, and yet I have lost half a stone in the last month!
I think that we are all different and your body will tell you what is right for you.
Jaylou is right it will take a lot of extra syns to make you actually put on.
Sonia do you have a food diary on here? i would love to take a peak to see if I can get some ideas as we are very close in our stats xxxx

Sonia do you have a food diary on here? i would love to take a peak to see if I can get some ideas as we are very close in our stats xxxx

No, Rosie, sorry I don't. I put one up when I first started but it lasted a day!
I am such a lazy so and so and don't record anything except my alco-syns.
I am not eating a lot, of late, as I am not hungry most of the time.
I generally eat one main meal at night.
This evening it's roast chicken, loads of veg and a jacket potato.
I haven't had anything else today apart from two slices of my couscous cake with a cup of coffee this morning.
My lack of appetite is probably stress related. I just don't feel like eating, so I don't. I still have a huge bowl of fruit, untouched, that I got for SOW, so I better attack those before they go off.
Sorry, Rosie, not much help and SW would probably slap my wrist as it's not being totally SW.
I do stick to my syns (more or less) and have my HEXs (some days) and since doing EE, I do fill my plate with at least 1/3 veg.
I do get excited about the weight loss, and it's the one thing that is cheering me up while we are under all the stress!
I want to get to my target before the end of the year. If my weight loss is still good this coming week, I'll just carry on as my tummy dictates. If not I'll just have to stuff my face a bit more!

I always have my 15 syns everyday. But then I have a bit to lose, so is no point starting off with a lower amount.

Plus the body optimise site recommends 10-15 syns a day.

Back