Syns

lilbabyfish

Silver Member
This might sound daft but I am actually struggling to eat my syns?! I hardly have any at all as I don't feel hungry and feels wrong to just eat for the sake of it :-/ does anyone else have this problem and will it affect my losses? X x

Yes I have this problem and find I need syns to help my losses-gives u something to play with when nearer target.
I use mine to treat myself to a hot chocolate in the evening or a skinny cappuccino if I'm not hungry x

my consultant says between 5 - 15 a week, u can have flexi syn of add them up and use them on weekend. i think syns are a important part of s.w cus its not as much a diet but a eating plan and if theres no reward you may feel a little deprived after a while? i know i would! i dont know if it has any affect on your weight loss tho. do you go to group? if u do maybe ask your consultant :) good luck on your loss x

I have read a few things on hear that suggests that if you dont use some syns then it can affect your weight loss. That worried me in to eating a penguin last night that I really did not want, I also feel really guilty after. Mad I know lol .

Some lose well wihtout using their syns, although I'd make sure to have at least 5, find out what works for you. Never eat for the sake of it so if you're not hungry don't use your syns. You could always try to incorporate them into meals to makes sauces etc.

I have read a few things on hear that suggests that if you dont use some syns then it can affect your weight loss. That worried me in to eating a penguin last night that I really did not want, I also feel really guilty after. Mad I know lol .

Don't feel guilty! Syns are there to be used BUT never eat for the sake of it. Don't eat unless you're hungry.

If you want to use your syns, there is always a way :)

A good way to sneak them in is doing things like adding olive oil, rather then cooking with frylight or grating a bit of cheese to make your pasta more tasty. You're not eating for the sake of it then. I try to eat at least 5 syns a day that way.

But it is really easy to get them in - after all we didn't get a weight problem from eating superfree foods lol

You don't always need to go for the synf ree options on food so you could have that extra creamy yoghuirt, some coconut milk in your curry or (gasp) butter on your toast :)

I agree with 85pound, you can jazz up your food a bit by adding syns in them. SW is trying to educate us to eat as normal as possible (obviously with less fat,sugar and junk food).

Bit of ketchup? Sugar in your tea? Extra piece of bread? Jam and butter? Full fat milk?

Easy ;)

I use my syns for veggie juice and the odd home made smoothie, I have to eat gluten and lactose free now so recentlly have no been using hardly any syns, as i no longer at, biccys, bread, cake,. also not one fro processed foods so yeah my syns get partially spent on juices :)

Back